Simple

Here's your weekly Princess update!

   Guys, I am getting very sad just thinking about this, but there are only a few chapters left of this story. The outline has about six or seven chapters left, and it all seems so surreal.

    Now, it's not over yet, so I won't go on a long tangent about how I feel right now, but I do want to say that I will be opening another character ask up in the author's note after this-- the final one. If you have any questions for characters, please leave them on the next author's note.

    Now, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter that really just displays the dynamics of everyone together.

Chapter 98:

      "Have you thought about where you might want to go?" Myles questioned as he sat beside me at the dinner table. My job was to peel off the skin on the carrots for Colette to put into the salad for tonight. Myles decided to step in to help me out, but we sat in silence until he suddenly decided to speak up.

     "What?" I questioned in confusion, watching as he smiled a bit before rubbing the back of his neck.

     "Sorry. Guess I should have been more clear. I meant for college. Do you know where you might want to go?" He reiterated, and I shrugged my shoulders, thinking about the conversation I previously had with Zayn.

      He really wanted us to audition for each college we wanted to go to, and I was willing to go along with it, but it was still no less intimidating. I don't really think I could ever get used to auditions.

     "I'm not sure yet. Zayn and I are auditioning for a few, but I'm not really set in a particular school," I confessed, noticing the way my voice sounded as vulnerable as I felt. It was always such a struggle for me to talk about college, much less even consider it.

       "I understand that. In my senior year, I was the only one out of all of my friends who had no clue what I wanted to do with my future. I knew I loved art, but I was constantly told that art wasn't a valuable study. I was so twisted up and confused," He responded, smiling a bit at the thought of his younger self.

     He took a moment of silence to truly reflect on what he nust have gone through in life before being where he is now. Finally, he looked up at me with passionate eyes and said, "Take your time. It's inportant to be happy with any decisions you make, but know that your future isn't embedded in what college you go to or what you major in. Plans change. If they didn't, I'd be doing people's taxes right now instead of running an art gallery," He said, grabbing another carrot from the pile and beginning to peel it. "Though, it is very beneficial to know how to do your own taxes."

      I smiled a bit at his statement, doing my best to feel a bit more at ease with the topic. The conversation, however, died down after that, and we were almost done shaving all of the carrots. Then, I decided to ask about the one thing I worry over the most.

      "Do you ever regret any of your decisions?" I voiced, and he turned to me with a look of surprise before he seriously took a moment to think about it.

     "Um, I guess I have a few regrets in life, who doesn't? I shouldn't have listened to everyone who told me my dreams were unrealistic, but I did, and I can't take that back. I also should have pushed myself harder than I actually did, but I was lazy. But all in all, I think I've learned to forgive those choices and be grateful for where I am now," He concluded, placing the final peeled carrot into the bowl full of them.

      I watched as Colette came into the room, sharing a smile with Myles before taking the carrots and leaving behind potatoes for us to peel. They seemed to both genuinely care for one another. And I thought about my mum.