Justice

Hello, loves, here's an update!

Every chapter gets us a tad bit closer to the end, and I'm just as nervous about it lol. Don't worry, we're not finished yet, though, and I have decided to add an epilogue to the end as well.

In other news, Sin will be starting soon, so I'm excited for that! And I will be publishing a couple of pure fiction stories this summer while also finishing old fanfiction stories. There's a lot coming up, and I'm overwhelmingly excited!

For now, enjoy!

Chapter 93:

      I sat through the school day feeling rather apprehensive. We gave the folder of proof to Harry, since he was also a board member, and he was suppose to turn it in to Mr. Cooper before it led to the office where Maya and Audrey were suppose to be questioned. I didn't know what was happening at all, or whether Maya would change her mind about taking our side. What if that was all for show as well?

     "It's going to be fine," Louis offered as we sat at the lunch table together. I didn't exactly have an appetite today, I was so nervous, but I still willed myself to eat.

      "It's just a bit nerve-wrecking. I've never told on a person like this," I said. I didn't even tell my own mum about my father abusing me. I wasn't brave enough to do that, but now I was turning a couple of students in for tampering with scholarship results. It was out of my typical territory.

     "Well, you're not technically the one telling," Drew said as he put ketchup on top of his chips. The comment caused Louis to shove him, resulting in a high pitch "ow" from Drew.

      "It'll be fine, Liam. Harry's got this under control, and he promised to message me as soon as it was all over and done with," Louis replied, and it was as if he said the magic words because his phone went off as soon as the sentence was over.

     He took his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it before smiling and looking up at me. "That's him now. See? Nothing to worry about," He said, actually looking down to read the message.

    I watched as his smile slowly fell from his lips, and he took a deep breath before looking up at me again. I felt a sense of dread run through me, having a feeling that I wouldn't particularly enjoy the news he had to relay to me.

     "What? What is it?" I questioned. As much as I didn't want to know what he had to say, I figured ripping it off like a band-aid would be best.

    "Harry says that they want to speak with you as well. They want to know if you're free after school to go over and speak with the principal," Louis admitted, and I felt myself shaking my head as soon as I heard the news.

     "No. No, there's no way I can sit there and talk about other people like that. I just... I can't," I said, feeling the pressure of it all already, and I wasn't even in the principal's office yet.

     "Liam, you're going to have to face this one way or another," Louis said with a small sigh. "They already know the truth. Do you want to go to Rosewood or not? Do you really and truly want it?"

    He was looking at me expectantly, and I knew that there was no way I could deny it. I've wanted to go to Rosewood since I first heard about it years and years ago. I was thrilled to figure out that Harry and Niall went there because it was such a difficult school to get into. And I felt my hope skyrocket, even when I willed it not to, at the opportunity dangled in front of me with the news of an audition. Rosewood has been my dream for so long. The fact that Zayn went there was also a major plus.

     "Yes," I said, looking up at Louis who seemed to be urging me to continue. "Yes. I want to go to Rosewood. I want to perform on a stage for people and inspire them with my music. I want to learn more about music and not feel so trapped anymore. I want to make new memories, and I want to heal through music every single day. I want to go to Rosewood, Louis, are you happy now?" I questioned as soon as I finished describing my feelings, giving him what he wanted.