Pieces

So, this update is a bit late, due to several factors: mental issues, sleep deprivation, Stranger Things 2, and a bit of writer's block, but here it is!

I'm honestly not all that happy with this chapter because I feel like it just went everywhere, but it was hard it focus as I wrote. Still, I wanted to offer you all it anyway.

Also, I will be opening up a character ask that you can find right after this chapter. Just comment your question by the character's name the question is for.

Thank you for everything, guys. I sincerely appreciate all of the support. Read on!

Chapter 67:

   It was still dark when I woke up-- five in the morning, and instant memories of the night before flooded through my mind. Every single touch could still be felt, as if stained on my skin. Every word still made my heart race as they fought their way to the surface of my thoughts. Every taste, I was sure, would still be just as sweet. Every sound, every intake of breath, every moan, made my skin tingle. And the visual of Zayn above me, still as lovely as ever, remained behind my closed eyes. I didn't even try to fight the smile that appeared upon my lips.

    I turned over in bed, finding an empty space beside me, and it was only then that I realized a few things. It was colder in the room without Zayn's body next to mine, the blanket that covered the both of us had been changed, I felt cleaned of any and all cum (which made me slightly embarrassed to think about), and there was the faint sound of music filtering from the hallway.

   I climbed out of bed, doing my best to ignored the slight wince of pain that came from my backside, pulling the sheets along with me due to the fact that I was completely naked. The cool air that lingered in the room threatened to caress my skin, but I did my best to keep it all away as I wrapped the sheets around my exposed skin.

   My feet were, however, cold upon the ground, but the carpeting of the floor helped to keep them a bit warm. I exited the room and made my way to the music room, finding that the door was cracked opened, and I assumed that Zayn didn't mean to take long in there. However, I also knew that once he started playing, he would only stop once all of his inspiration was fulfilled.

    I walked into the room, hearing the soft sound of the keys that flooded the atmosphere of the room. They seemed to ring out, vibrating through the air and bouncing back off of the wall for a split second. It was a happier song than I think I've ever heard Zayn play, but I could still feel every single emotion.

    The song felt like it was healing any and all wounds that could have scarred his heart. It was almost a liberation. It seemed to flow throughout the body, cleansing every single nook and cranny it could reach; cleansing the soul. It was full of love, a spark of happiness, peace, and even... forgiveness.

    I thought of a blanket; the way it use to cover a person up from fears as a child but changes to keep you warm as a person grows. It still provides the safety, but its use has changed. Just like this song for Zayn. All of his others were full of some type of pain and tragedy, but they helped him get through each and every day. This song, however, helped him through the pain, but he was creating something that was full of beauty.

    I listened closely as Zayn played, seeming to be coming up with the notes on the spot, going along with his emotions. It always amazed me how well he knew the keys. It was a second nature to him now, and I would always marvel at his talent.

    Finally, the song came to an end, and I heard Zayn release a small sigh. It wasn't a heavy sigh, it didn't hold sadness, it wasn't a tired sigh. It was a sigh of contentment. Zayn was moving over a mountain that seemed to be impossible to climb his whole life, and knowing that made me so incredibly proud.