Keep

Another chapter!

I hope you guys enjoy this one. A few announcements:

1) I have made an account that will be full of personal poems and stories and such, so you may follow if you want @lynnbell_ for those.

2) I have decided to post the sneak peek to Sin next month, so get excited for that! And I will be trying to slowly continue working on my old stories that have been on a sort of hold as well as writing my new stories.

Finally, Question: What's your favorite quote/moment from this book?

Enjoy! 😊

Chapter 88:

I walked to school the next day, arriving early and deciding to go to Mrs. Martin's room to see if she needed any help with anything. I knocked on her door, feeling slightly apprehensive, but she opened it with a kind smile.

"Good morning, Liam. Is there anything you need?" She questioned, opening up the door and allowing me to walk into her room. She made her way over to her desk and began shuffling through a stack of papers while waiting for my reply.

"Not really. I was just wondering if you needed any help this morning," I said. It wasn't that I was super interested in spending time in this one room, but Mrs. Martin offered me a safe place, and I appreciated it more than anything. It was a place away from Kyle and his possible abuse as well as the perfect spot to avoid Louis and Drew since they, along with the majority of students, weren't big fans of Mrs. Martin.

"That's very generous, but I think I have everything under control as of right now. However, you are welcome to stay and work on any assignments you might have. Or if you actually do want to be put to work, I suppose I could search around for something you could do," She spoke, taking her finger on her chin as she searched around the room.

I honestly preferred to be put to work-- at least accomplishing something for someone else would make me feel slightly useful. Besides, it would also give me an opportunity to be distracted from the very tedious thoughts that plagued my mind.

"I don't really have any work to do," I assured, and she nodded before looking around at what she could assign me to do. Finally, her eyes lit up as she thought of a task.

"I know! If it isn't too much to ask, could you maybe organize that book shelf in the back? It's a complete mess, and I'd rather have everything straight and alphabetized on it," She said, pointing to the decent-sized shelf.

"Of course," I stated, walking over and setting my bag down on the floor as I kneeled down to begin organizing her books. It was silent for a few moments, and then I heard Mrs. Martin speak.

"If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you hiding from?" She questioned, stepping a bit closer to me as she spoke. She leaned against a student desk and crossed her arms. "You're not obligated to tell me, of course."

"Kyle," I simply stated, and it wasn't a complete lie. I was doing my best to stay out of his sight because facing him felt like too much to do at this moment in time. I didn't want to deal with the bullying and the teasing and the name-calling. It felt like being dragged back to square one after failing to take a giant step forward.

"I understand that, but if you really didn't want to see him, you would only come to school when the bell was nearly ready to ring and rush to your first period class. There must be some purpose for coming early and hiding away in my room in the morning," She said, seeming to notice that Kyle wasn't the only person or thing I was running from.