Comfortable

This update is so late, and I deeply apologize for that! It is currently 12:07 am, and I am staying up to update. 😝 Sorry for the long wait, loves.

I would like to give a little love and support to NightAndDay10 and let you guys know that you should check out the story "Untitled" on their account.

I've also had someone comment a pretty interesting idea a while ago about writing this story in Zayn's perspective as a sort of second book from frecklessxx . I feel like that would be intriguing, but I'm a bit unsure as of now. It would be fun, though (and painful).

Anyway, please enjoy :)

Chapter 55:

     There was a small knock on Zayn's door, so I slowly climbed out of bed, setting my journal down, and made my way to quietly open it. I saw Colette standing there with a worried look on her face.

    "Is everything alright? It's been a couple of hours," She said, and I turned to look at the clock, seeing that she was right. I haven't even noticed how much time has flown by.

     "Um, yeah. We haven't talked or anything. Zayn's just been sleeping. I wanted to let him rest up a bit before talking about something so heavy," I assured. After Zayn fell back to sleep, I admired the way his face held a calm expression this time around, and I couldn't stop my hand from tracing over some of his facial features. Everything about Zayn was pure beauty. He was definitely crafted with care.

    I stayed laying by his side for a while, but I remembered that I had to finish writing my audition song. I pressed a kiss to his cheek before slowly moving out of his hold and grabbing my journal back. I got back into a comfortable writing position, and I could only smile as I felt Zayn shift closer to me in his sleep, his forehead now resting against my hip.

    "Okay, thank you," She said with a smile. "I was actually coming to see if you were hungry. It's almost lunch time, and I could make something small if you want. Muffins or something," She offered.

    I thought about it for a while, knowing that my body still lacked that feeling of being hungry, but I made a promise to at least try. I was doing so much better, and I wanted to show Zayn that we could both fight through our difficulties.

    "Muffins would be fine. Um, do you think I could eat one in here? I promised Zayn that I wouldn't leave, and I don't want him panicking if he wakes up, and I'm not in the room with him." I looked back at Zayn as he let out a small groan, seeing that he was moving around in his sleep.

     "Of course, dear. I'll get started, and I'll even bring an extra one in case Zayn wakes up," She informed before turning and walking back down the hall.

    I shut the bedroom door and turned back to the bed to see Zayn laying silently, staring up at the dream catcher I hung on his wall. I admired the small fluttering of his eyelashes whenever he blinked, taking in just how stunning he was after just waking up.

     "Hey," I spoke, walking to the bed and sitting back on the edge of it. Zayn turned to face me and gave me a small, sleepy smile.

    "Hey," He replied. His eyes drifted over to the journal that I had resting on his bedside table. "What've you been writing?" He questioned, sitting up slowly and resting against the headboard.

     "Oh, um, it's my audition song," I informed, grabbing my journal and looking down at the sloppy hand writing. There were both black and red ink marks, several corrections made so that the words would sound just right. I knew what I felt, but getting the words down on the page was a whole other story.