Brave

Here's your weekly update everyone!

Sadly, there are about five more chapter left of this story, and I will try to make them decently long, especially the last few becauss a lot happens in this short time period.

In other news, Sin will continue to be updated, and the character ask is open for any questions you all may have. 😊

Also, I have less than a month of school left, and after that, I am going to try to start updating on Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart and Forbidden Feelings again. And after summer starts, I will begin to update several stories that are not fanfics at all.

So, yeah, there is a lot to come, but I'll give more details later. For now, enjoy this chapter of Princess!

Chapter 99:

      Even from backstage, the stage lights were so bright that I had to squint to see. The audience was still enjoying the free time they had to converse with one another, and there were so many people. It was unbelievable.

      The Rosewood auditorium had three stories of seating, and it seemed like every single seat was filled. I looked toward the third row, and I saw my mum shaking her foot against the floor. I had no clue whether she was impatient or nervous for me, but I had a feeling it was a bit of both. That's what I was experiencing, anyway.

      I didn't even stop to think about the fact that my mum hadn't truly been out in a while. This was a big event compared to the dinner she took me out on months and months ago. It was both terrifying and amazing how long ago everything was. Becauze now all of that pain was slowly healing. Yes, it still stung, and I think it always will, but it wasn't winning the war. I would no longer succumb to it.

      I watched as Louis spoke to Harry's mum in a manner that seemed calm and comforting, and I knew he was doing all he could to ease her anxiety. She was always so determined to come for her son, and it was very admirable. It showed how much she loved Harry.

      I looked beside them and saw Drew talking in a very animated way to my mum, who seemed amused even if she was a bit distracted. I had no clue what he was talking about, but he seemed very enthusiastic about it. He insisted on coming tonight because he wasn't around for the first showcase, and he wanted to experience it for himself.

      Beside my mum was Colette and Myles. I still remembered the conversation Zayn had with Colette about it. It was his idea to invite Myles, and I was very proud of him for it. He was slowly learning to let him into both of their lives, and I knew that Zayn deserved someone who could be an actual male role model for him. In fact, I think Myles even teared up a bit when Zayn told him he wanted him here.

      I laughed a little as I saw Myles speak rapidly in excitement, like he couldn't believe he was actually allowed to come. His eyes were full of so much joy, and I knew that he actually did care about Zayn's approval and his well-being. His and Colette's.

      "Five minutes! Five minutes everyone!" The assistant principal, Mrs. Griswell announced. She was always excited about show cases apparently.

       "How are you feeling?" Harry suddenly asked from beside me. He looked over my shoulder at the crowd before returning his attention to me.

     "Nervous. Excited. Terrified. Ready to perform. It's a mixture of emotions," I confessed, finally turning to him to see him smiling at my response.

     "I know that feeling. It's exactly how I felt at my first showcase, and it's exactly how I feel before every single performance. It's all a rush, and it happens in a blur, but you should do all you can to enjoy it," He offered, and I took his advice while trying to regulate my own breathing.