Fight

So, a lot of people seemed to enjoy the idea of having Zayn's POV of all of this as a sort of second book type of thing. I haven't fully decided on whether or not I will be doing that, but readers should know that Zayn's POV would be darker, more raw, and very complicated. His character has so much depth, and I think the only way to truly understand him is to read everything through his POV, but at the same time, the mystery is what builds his character. Let me know what you think because I take all opinions into account. 😊

Also, this chapter does come with a trigger warning due to intense recall of Zayn's childhood. Please, please read carefully and take care. I love you all, and you all mean the world to me.

All the love. ❤

Chapter 57:

"Liam, please come see me before you leave for lunch," Mrs. Michaelson called, and I nodded. I finished putting all of my belongings back into my bag as everyone else filed out of the classroom, Drew signaling that he'll see me in the lunch room.

I grabbed my bag and put it on before walking over to Mrs. Michaelson's desk. I wasn't worried about what it was she wanted to talk about anymore because she was honestly a nice and cool person. She's been giving Zayn and I amazing support.

Speaking of Zayn, she pulled out two pieces of paper from her desk drawer before looking up at me and asking the question I figured she would ask. "Where is Zayn today, Liam?"

My heart sunk a bit as I responded. "I'm not sure. I'm pretty positive he stayed home today, but he hasn't told me anything. I think he's just not feeling well," I explained. Still, it was rather unsettling to think that just last night everything seemed fine. What happened after Zayn left my house?

"Well, give him my regards to get better," She smiled politely, and I nodded in understanding. "Now, I have your recommendation letters all typed up here. I suggest you keep those in a safe place and take them to your live audition." She handed me both of the papers, figuring that I would happily deliver Zayn's to him.

I accepted them graciously, looking over the piece of printed paper as if it was my whole future- which it very well might be. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Michaelson, but we only do the live audition if we pass the video auditions," I reminded, seeing her sly smile.

"I'm aware of that. I have no doubt you'll both be fine," She stated before waving me off. "Go have fun now, and suggest the idea of singing along with the piano playing to Zayn. I know he could do it."

I nodded before walking out of the room, looking down at the two recommendation letters with so much appreciation. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, sighing in disappointment when there were no new missed calls or messages from Zayn. I was worried sick about him.

I opened up the last message I sent to him from this morning, asking where he was, and I began to type a new message.

To Zayn: Mrs. Michaelson gave me our recommendation letters. They're really something. I'll come by later to drop yours off, yeah?

I hit send, putting my phone back in my pocket and continuing on my way to the lunch room.

Things have been rather quiet at school. With Kyle gone, all of his jerk friends seemed totally clueless. All they knew was how to play follow the leader, but without Zayn or Kyle leading them, they were like sitting ducks. I couldn't say it wasn't a bit enjoyable to see. Still, I knew Kyle was only suspended, and I was hoping Zayn and I could be out of this school before he ever returned.

I arrived at the cafeteria, made my way through the lunch line, and I carried my salad over to our table, seeing Drew and Louis already sitting and chatting. I sat quietly as I listened to them.