Justify

Hello, people, so good news and bad news.

Good news: This is another update! 😊

Bad news: The outline I have for this story shows that I have about 10-15 chapters left before the end of this book. Maybe twenty if certain topics take up more space than I anticipated. The point is, this story is coming closer and closer to an end.

However, it is not over yet, so let's enjoy this.

Warning: This chapter contains a breakdown of sorts and mentions of anxiety and side effects. However, it has a hopeful ending. Please read carefully, loves. 💕

Chapter 90:

I felt myself slowly waking up, but I felt far too tired to open my eyes. First, I could hear distant beeping that slowly became louder as I grew more aware of my surroundings. Next, I felt the warmth of someone's hand in mine, and I became hyperaware of the fact that the touch was more than just familiar, but it made me feel safe and protected. Still, the next moment, it made me feel as if I had to get away. As far away as possible.

Then the memory of everything came flooding back. Zayn's rush to leave, the blond hair on his clothes, the girl's name, my panic, his attempt to reassure me, and ultimately, me fainting. The memories played as if they were a slideshow that was moving too fast, flickering onto the screen right before my eyes, and I felt my breathing pick up again.

I didn't just feel my heartbeat increasing, but I heard it, too as the heart monitor began to beep rapidly. I felt the hold on my hand tighten, and I opened my eyes in fear as I felt my breathing beocming heavy again. The very first thing I saw was a tearful Zayn who looked just as terrified of my condition.

He automatically jumped up and pressed a red button on a control on the side of the hospital bed, and he spoke to me as more tears streamed down his face.

"It's okay, Liam. Love, you need to calm down. Please breathe. Please breathe, princess. Please," He cried, frantically pressing the button again and again, and I felt the fear course all throughout me as the sound of my own heart beating seemed to only grow louder and closer together as each second passed.

"Goddammit! Can someone fucking help him!" Zayn cried, letting go of my hand and slamming his fist into the red button in pure desperation.

The doors soon opened, and I saw a nurse in blue scrubs rush into the room followed by a doctor in a long, white coat. I tried to sit up and get out of bed, feeling the need to suddenly run away again. I had to get away. I couldn't be here. But the nurse wouldn't let me.

She forced me to sit down, and she spoke to me in a voice that was calm and authoritative as she did her best to keep me settled. "Liam, my name is Eliza. I'm your nurse, okay? I need to to listen to me right now, Liam. We're going to take a deep breath in. Can you do that for me?" She questioned, and I found myself nodding.

"Breathe in, I'll count to fifteen, and then we're going to breathe out. Ready? Breathe in for me, dear," I found myself taking a deep breath in as I listened to her count all the way to fifteen, then I released it.

"Keep going, love," She said, and we repeated the process five or six times before I felt my breathing regulate, and I felt sane again. The sound of the heart monitor seemed evened out now, and I didn't have that deep fear within me that I was flying off of the rails.

"Great job. You did very good, Liam. I'm just going to take your blood pressure and make sure you're fine," She said as she opened the arm band and wrapped the cuff around my bicep. She began to add the pressure, and I found myself rather calm in her presence.