Holiday Special: LIAM (Princess)

Holiday Special for Princess w/ Liam's POV

Warning: Mentions of alcoholism and eating disorders. It is more about healing from these things, but please read carefully still!

I hope seeing both of their perspectives and how their lives are changing is interesting. Please enjoy!

-------------------------------

University (1st Year)

LIAM

"Oh, my love! I am so sorry that you had to wait on the side of the street. I could have drove out to pick you up, Liam!" My mum fussed as she raced outside to meet me at my car. I was pulling my bags out of my trunk, and she was busy wrapping me in her arms. Of course, I hugged her back. I did miss her dearly.

"It wasn't that big of a deal, mum. I didn't want you to trouble yourself," I reassured her. It was a tire blowout. I heard a popping noise, and I saw the smoke in my side mirror, so I slowly pulled over on the side of the road and called a towing service. I didn't have a spare tire, and that was my fault. It took around an hour to get everything settled and arrive at my mum's house. I was pretty tired from just sitting in the heat and waiting for the tow truck.

"Please, Liam. Driving twenty odd minutes to pick you up would have been a breeze. A much needed vacation, if you will," She insisted. She was pulling away and taking one of my bags for me. "Come on. I set up your room the same way, so you can go and get some rest."

"I'm not even-- tired," I paused as I released a yawn, trying to hold it in with a futile attempt.

"And I'm the Queen herself," She sarcastically stated, making me chuckle. It'd been a minute since I've heard my mum's playful side come out. That side of her dissipated quite a bit after my dad was locked away. "You're getting some sleep."

I didn't argue with her on it, even though I knew that I wouldn't just go to bed. Zayn and I had spoken the day before, and I promised that we would talk sometime after I arrived back in town. I never wanted to miss an opportunity to talk with him.

Being apart from Zayn and everyone that I knew was very difficult at first. But I was still only a half hour or so away while Zayn was on the other side of the world. I missed him terribly, ever since the moment he left, and I often played the song he wrote for me over and over again. My piano skills were nowhere near Zayn's, but I managed to play through the song slowly.

I was still in love with him. It'd only been about a year apart, but there wasn't any doubt in my mind as to my feelings for him.

We reached my bedroom, and I was in shock at the way my mum truly did keep everything the same. It was a new house and a new room, but all of my furniture was moved in and set-up in a very similar way to how it was a year ago.

"Mum, you didn't have to keep everything," I pointed out. "It's your house. You should set the room how you want. Maybe make it a guest room for when you have visitors besides myself."

"I know. It was just hard to let go at first. You're my baby, and it's still difficult to believe you've moved out." Tears were forming in her eyes, but it wasn't my intention to make her cry.

"I'm only thirty minutes away, and we talk every day, mum. I haven't gone away completely."

"I know, but... still. I'm your mother. I'm allowed to miss you, no matter the distance," She concluded. There was no arguing there. "But I will consider making this a guest room. Just enjoy it as is for now. And get some sleep," She ordered before setting down one of my bags and leaving the room with a soft click of the door.