Performing

It's audition tiiiiime!

This chapter took a while to write, and I'm sort of iffy about it, but I hope you all enjoy it. Now, I'm on my way to watch the new Insidious, which happens to be my favorite horror movie series.

Also, "For You" is a great song, and I love both Liam and Rita's voices. It's definitely a jam!

Characters in this story are named after @Ekthesi, @Breezy-breezy, @I_see_red_and_yellow, and @AngelDonna5

Now, please enjoy. 😊

Chapter 81:

I smiled as Zayn yawned again, laying his head on my shoulder as we waited to be let in to the actual room where the auditions would take place. "I told you we should have slept earlier," I teased, but he only shrugged before closing his eyes.

I looked around at all of the other auditioners and realized that they all held a certain air about them that seemed to match the entire building itself. An air of dominance, pure talents, and a near regality. They didn't look nervous at all. They looked ready for war.

I tried not to show how nervous I was either as I looked around the massive hall we were sitting in. The cieling was incredibly high up, so high that you couldn't even reach it with two fully extended ladders, and it was roofed with glass windows, just like a skylight. The colors of the school were a ruby red and the gold of a fire. The white marble walls of the school were so refined and beautiful. The whole place seemed to be what it was to attend it-- a privilege.

Finally, the small door we were all waiting outside of suddenly opened, and out stepped an older man, who I could only assume was an important figure at Rosewood. I shrugged Zayn off of my shoulder, and he sat up with a grumble before noticing that someone new has entered the room. He sat up straight and did his best to look prepared.

I was worried about him. I knew that the fear and panic was eating him alive. When I asked him about his jittery movements this morning, he told me that he was just terribly nervous to perform in front of the student board, but I knew that wasn't all that was wrong with him.

It was Novemeber 12. The day his mum was sent to the hospital. The last day he got to see her face. The last time he got to hear her loving words only for him.

"Good morning, everybody. I am Mr. Cooper, head music teacher at Rosewood, and I am very pleased to see all of you performing today," He greeted, smiling at the lot of us. There were so many people and only five spots available. To be one of them would be incredible.

"Before we begin with the audition process, we would like you all to join us in the activities hall for some snacks and drinks. This gives you all an opportunity to mingle and calm the nerves, and possibly get to speak to one of the members on the board, before the actual auditions begin," He waved his hands, motioning for us to get up, and we all followed behind him in complete loss of words.

We all thought we were solely going to be auditioning, but this was on a whole other level. Would chatting up the competition prove to give some type of edge against them, or did they truly want us to be pleasant acquaintances?

We all entered the activities hall, which was actually a humongous room stretched like a large rectangle. It was a room fit for a royal ball if the movies were anything to go off of. It made me wonder just how rich the people who came to Rosewood through their own finances actually were. Everything seemed much to expensive to even touch in fear of leaving a permanent print.

"You may eat and drink anything you'd like on the tables, the toilets are in the room right across the hall, and the judges will be here in a moment to join you all. Enjoy," He said, stepping out of the room and leaving all of us in silence, starring at one another in the sort of hesitation. Nobody wanted to break the silence first.