Stay

2 questions.

1. What do you really want to happen in this story? (I already have things planned, but I'm just curious.)

2. What do you think happened in Zayn's past?

Chapter 21:

I woke up early in the morning, seeing that the clock read 4:30 a.m. I was exhausted, but I didn't want to close my eyes again. I didn't want to lose this moment.

I was wrapped in Zayn's arms, and I was half-way laying on his chest, feeling his body heat and hearing the lovely metronomic thump thump thump of his heart beat. It was soft and lulling, much like the purest love song. It was better than watching a sunrise. It was real and you could feel it. Much like the wind.

I shifted a bit so I was looking up at Zayn, admiring ever single feature, my eyes meticulously scanning his face. And Zayn was, without a doubt, beautiful. It was the kind of beauty that caused envy. The kind of beautiful I wish I was because then maybe people wouldn't hate me so much.

I lifted my hand up, lightly touching his jaw with my fingertips, unable to believe he was real. His hair was in disarray, but it still seemed perfect. His eyes were closed gently, his eyelashes fluttering every now and then in his sleep, and I took a deep breath as I leaned up, touching our noses and foreheads together, something that made my stomach flip whenever Zayn did it. It was just a cute action.

I pulled away before looking at his lips, lifting up a finger to trace the outline if them as I remembered how he kissed me last night. It was new. It was exhilarating. It was everything I ever dreamed of.

I saw his lips slowly form a small smile before his eyes fluttered open. He looked me in the eyes, traces of admiration shining brightly in his. "What are you doing?" He questioned, his morning voice low and husky as he pulled me closer, my head resting in the crook of his neck.

"Nothing." I breathed out. Why couldn't it always be this easy? Why couldn't this just be our own little world? Why did reality have to ruin everything? But I shouldn't be thinking this way. This was dangerous to think. I couldn't get attached like this. I shouldn't.

"Why are you up so early?" Zayn asked, his lips moving against the side of my head, his hand ruffling through my hair along with his words.

"Just didn't want to sleep anymore." I stated, leaving it at that. There was too much going on in my life to worry about sleeping. There was too much to think about. And right here, in Zayn's arms, there was too much to feel. Everything was just too much.

"Okay." He said, probably knowing that there was more to it, but he didn't push or pry. "What do you want to do then?" He asked, placing a gentle kiss on my head.

"Just talk." I said. I really just wanted to know him. The real him. Not who he pretends to be. Not the secrets he hides. "I want to know you." I confessed. "Like you know me."

"I don't know you." He said, making me laugh against his skin at the lie, but I stopped laughing as I felt him shiver at the feel of my breath against his skin. One of the most sensitive parts of his neck.

"You know more about me than I know about you." I said lightly, raising my hand to trace the outline of Zayn's collarbone. It was such a lovely piece of him, and I gulped before leaning down and pressing a kiss to the sculpted and prominent skin.

I felt him shiver again, causing a sense of pride to erupt within me. I looked up at Zayn, seeing him looking down at me already. He pressed his forehead to mine, his fingers playing with the hair right behind my ear as he looked in my eyes, a smile on his lips. A real smile.