chapter 38

Valarie’s pov

Okay so it’s the first week out of the summer holidays out of the six we have in total and I knew what I wanted to do today. Baking. I woke up and had a shower and put on comfy clothes and left Louis asleep, I went downstairs and the girls were watching TV and Jay was in the kitchen and I said I would be baking today and she said okay and then I asked the girls if they wanted to help and they said no so I started making chocolate muffins and a Victoria sponge, while I was getting ingredients out I heard feet come down the stairs and then a pair of arms wrap round my waist and Louis snuggled his face in my neck.

“Come back to bed babe” he says

“Baby, I can’t I’m baking now” I say

“Oh, can I help” he says

“Of course you can, you can get the ingredients out for me” I say and he does as he’s told

We got all the ingredients and then we put them all together and then put them in the oven to cook for an hour and then we sat down and watched TV with the girls. They were watching iCarly and it was hilarious. The bell went off and I took the cakes out and put them on a cooling tray and then put the timer on again for an hour so it would cool down. After an hour I put cream and jam between the sponge and put them together and dashed them with sugar and then I decorated the cupcakes and then they were ready. I said for the girls and Louis to come get them and they said they were delicious. Jay then had a piece of the sponge and she said it melted in her mouth. Everyone enjoyed the cake and then I washed up everything. I enjoy baking and I’m glad everyone liked my cakes, they said I should open a bakery when I’m older but I want to be a photographer but if I did both at least I can get people do notice me.