Two's company three's a crowd

The Kim Austin Series

By: Karlee England

Chapter 3

P.O.V/ Kim Austin:

Two weeks later it's already September 1st. Today is my friend Jacob Patterson's birthday he is fifteen. Jacob is in the tenth grade with Jane and Kelly, he dates Shana Davis also in the tenth grade. Shana is an empathic witch which means she has the power of empathy and can feel human emotions and sense them. But if she does read ours she doesn't tell us. I wonder if she can sense my bisexuality I really hope not so I'm gonna ask her if she can sense my emotions just without outing myself. My mom just dropped me off at school in the back parking lot where I see Shana and Jacob at Shana's grey 1982 Toyota Supra. They see me and smile friendly I walk up and stand beside Shana. She is 5'2" and weights 126 lbs. the same as me. Jacob is 5'7" and I'd say he weights about 140 lbs. I said " Happy Birthday Jacob". He smiles at me and his green blue eyes shine as the sun light hits them. He said " Thank you Kim". Shana looks at me with her grey blue eyes, blonde hair goes a little past her shoulders it's curly at the ends like wavy hair. She is wearing a black over sized black and white checkered flannel, a black Foreigner t-shirt with the band members on it, a pair of light blue high waisted blue jeans and a pair of black Converse shoes that are low tops known as Chuck Taylors. Jacob is wearing a maroon colored hoodie that says Finway High in white letters on the front, a pair of light blue Carpenter jeans and a pair of white Nike Air force one high tops, I'm wearing my denim jacket a black Rolling Stones t-shirt, a pair of dark blue high waisted blue jeans and my grey New Balances. Jacob is called over by a friend at his car so he walks over leaving Shana and I alone. She looks at me and said " So I heard you've been hanging out with Kelly Davidson". I look at her and She said " Just be careful around her". I said " Do you sense anything from her?" Shana said " I can't sense her emotions but I do sense that she's trouble just watch your back". I said " Can you sense my emotions?" Shana looks at me then said " Not really for some reason when I'm around you it's like a blank like there is nothing to read". I said " Is that bad??" She said " No but sometimes it's good not being able to feel my friends emotions I can't sense anything from Jason either". I said " But you can from Jane or Kyle?" Shana said " Sometimes but not all the time my powers are like that with everybody sometimes I can read them and sometimes I can't". I hear an engine roar and I look back at Kelly's black Pontiac Firebird pulling in the spot beside Shana's car. I see an uneasy look in her eyes as she sees Kelly. She makes Shana uncomfortable but she hides it to keep the peace. I can hear her arguing with someone I look back and see Kyle in the passenger seat but I can't hear what they are saying. The doors come open and Kelly gets out so does Kyle. He said " Why do you have to be such an asshole sometimes?!" They are standing in front of the back of her car. She said " You started it! I was fine until you got in the car with an attitude!" Kyle looks down at the ground then said " I didn't mean to take it out on you.. my dad just really pisses me off sometimes he maps out my life and it drives me crazy he keeps pushing me to try out for football". Kelly said " How do you think I feel?? my dad is the biggest asshole but do you see me taking things out on you??" Kyle said " You have before". Kelly said " Whatever I'm done arguing about this". Kyle said " I'm sorry babe".. He kisses her on the cheek as she looks annoyed but She said with a wink " You can make it up to me later". He smiles at her. She sees me and Shana standing there. She walks over and puts her arm around me. She looks at Shana and said " What are you two talking about?" I said " Nothing really". Kelly gives me a look as I push her arm off me. Kyle said " Oh shit.. look who's back". Kelly and I turn around and there are those four greaser boys that Kelly, Kyle and Jason fought with. This time there are two teenage girls with them. They both see us and start walking over to us angrily. Kelly said " Here comes trouble". The girls walk up standing in front of me and Kelly. They are all white including the boys. The one standing in front of Kelly is 5'7" she weights about 150 lbs., her hair is dark brown and straight it comes to the middle of her back and her eyes are light blue. She is wearing a blue jean jacket, a grey V-neck t-shirt, a pair of high waisted blue jeans that are dark and a pair of Nike Cortez that are black and white. The girl standing in front of me is 5'5" and she weights about 145 lbs. She is wearing a black flannel with a plain white t-shirt under it, a pair of black high waisted blue jeans and a pair of black Dr. Marten boots. The girl in front of Kelly said " I heard you put your hands on my brother bitch??" Kelly said " Oh big sis come to the rescue". in a mocking tone. Kelly said " Your brother shouldn't have grabbed my ass and maybe he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked by a girl". The girl said " He said you cheated in that race". Kelly said " I didn't his dumbass wrapped his truck around a light pole". The girl gets in Kelly's face with their noses inches away. She said " You're asking for it bitch". Kelly gets closer and said " Am I?? and what the fuck are you gonna do??" She puts her forehead against Kelly's and said " Trust me you don't want to sweetheart". Kelly said " No I wanna know tell me". The girl said " You have no idea who you are dealing with". Kelly said " Neither do you". I get between them putting my hands on their chests I said " That's enough you two". The other girl shoves me back with my back against Kelly's car. She said as she looked down at me " I'd watch it if I were you short stuff". I shoved her back making her step back. I said " Fuck off both of you". The girl in front me said " Short stuff has some spunk". The girl infront of Kelly backs up and they start to walk away when all a sudden the girl in front of me throws a punch hitting me in the jaw. I twist and hit the trunk of Kelly's car on my stomach. The other girl threw a punch at Kelly but missed and Kelly punched her in the nose. I see blood on the trunk of Kelly's car. I quickly spin around throwing a punch at her. I use my telekinesis to make the punch more powerful. I punch her in mouth making her fall on her back. She smacks the ground on her back and exclaims in pain. Kelly and the other girl are standing and swinging at each other the girl jumps up from the ground and starts throwing punches at me wildly. She throws a punch and I duck punching her in the stomach. She exclaims then backhands me hard making me hit the ground on my back as she comes down I throw my leg up kicking her in the face. She hits the ground on her back. As I raise up the other girl goes to kick me but Kelly tackles her to the ground and they start rolling around on the pavement throwing punches. I get up and I feel someone grab me from behind in a headlock their arm around my neck squeezing. I hear her voice in my ear " Go to sleep bitch". I choke as I struggle to break free. I see Jane come out of no where throwing a punch hitting the girl. She releases me and I feel faint I fall to the ground and everything goes black as I pass out.