Too Late

The Kim Austin Series

By: Karlee England

Chapter 38

P.O.V/ Kim Austin:

It's been three months since Kelly was released from Juvenile and she still hasn't changed even after I begged her to or else me and her are done but she refuses to change and I can't make her all I know is I can't take this much longer you can only love someone so much but sometimes love isn't enough. I guess it's wishful thinking hoping that Kelly will change maybe in an alternate universe or in another life. she will never change.. It's December 25, 1984; Christmas day me and my parents have been out all day visiting their parents my dad's parents in Sevierville and my mom's here in Knoxville. I haven't seen Kelly since Christmas eve she and Austin went out of town to Georgia again to visit their family. Kelly bought me some new headphones for my Walkman before she left we kissed under the mistletoe at the park someone put one up at the Gazebo. I bought Kelly some new tools that she really liked. My Dad's parents got me some things for my car like what I got for Kelly's he and my grand mom Jeannette bought me an expensive Rolex Oyster Perpetual watch that was $1,145 at the mall I couldn't believe they spent that much money the watch has real diamonds in 18 carat gold I thanked them a lot for it because it wasn't cheap. We ate Christmas dinner with both my mom's parents and my dad's parents at the house in Sevierville where my dad's parents live. After a few hours we drove back home and went outside to play in the snow with Zeke I built a snowman with my parents and this year Zeke stole the carrot that we used as the snowman's nose and ate it. We went inside to warm up with Zeke and watched Christmas movies in the living room with hot chocolate. We watched A Christmas Story, Gremlins and Trading Places with Jamie Lee Curtis. Trading places had some nudity in it and sex implied scenes but no sex scenes Jamie Lee Curtis was topless and I didn't mind cause she is a beautiful woman I just didn't let my parents see that I liked it. After Trading Places was over we heard something being thrown at our front door from the outside then the sound of glass breaking. We all jump up from the couch, Dad walks in the foyer and see glass from the window broken by the door I see kids running down the sidewalk giggling mischievously. Dad said " Damn neighborhood kids". He opens the door and there is raw eggs busted all over the door and the porch along with some of Christmas decorations destroyed. Mom picks up an old Christmas reef that belonged to her grandmother it is destroyed. Mom said " I think we should call the police Dave". He said " Yeah I think we do". I said " Or we could teach them a lesson". They both look at me and Mom said " What do you have in mind?" I said " Well I bet they will be coming back to mess up more things so let's be ready for them". Later on that night I'm watching for them through the window in the living room. They start to go to the porch but one boy sees my car and they all start slowly walking over to it. I said " Hell no they aren't touching my car". I walk through the hallway and into the kitchen while my parents watch out the window. I went around the house through the side gate on the right. I slowly creeped around to the corner of the house where my car is parked in the driveway and peek around at them. There are about three young boys about twelve around my car. The boy in the red toboggan said " You guys let's pop the tires". as he pulls out a small pocket knife. The boy in the blue toboggan said " Are you crazy? Kim Austin lives here". The boy in the red toboggan said " Yeah so?" in a sarcastic tone. The boy in a black toboggan said " She's the one that pummeled Rick at the park". The boy in the blue toboggan said " She knows karate I don't want to get beat up by a girl". The boy in the red toboggan laughs then said " You guys are scared of a girl". they just look at him as he laughs. The boy in the blue toboggan said " Kim is nice too I don't think we should mess with her car". The boy in the black toboggan said to him " You are just saying that cause she's hot". The boy in the blue toboggan said " Well she is". The boy in the red toboggan said " She sure is a babe". He opens the knife and bends down as the other two look out. I come around the corner and said as I crossed my arms " Get away from my car you brats". The other two look over at me and are scared. The other boy stands up and I said " Back away slowly and don't make me ask twice". The other two back away like I told them. The boy in the red toboggan said to the other two " You big chickens". He looks at me and said " What are you gonna do? your just a stupid girl". he said in a rude tone. I said " I'm gonna call the police if you don't leave". He said " I'm not scared of you". He goes to stab my tire and I snatch his arm then disarm him. He is not happy. I take the pocket knife while it's still open and slowly bend it with my hands using my telekinesis. They are all three stunned when they see this. I toss the knife in the metal trashcan by the corner of the house. I said " Last chance leave right now". The boy in the red toboggan is about 5'0", he throws a punch at me and I duck. I grab his arm and pin him to the car with one of his arms behind his back. I let him go and they all take off running. The boy in the blue said as they ran " I told you not to mess with her!" The boy in the black said " She nearly broke off your arm!" I can't help but laugh as they run down the street. I walk back inside and my parents are laughing as well they give me a high five.