Part 69 - Old Woman

A/N:
We're back with another part~
And we'll hopefully be back to more regular updates on 'Tropical Kiss' soon~

Thank you to all of my patreons that support me financially - and especially KerriBeari ~

You squeal with laughter as you're splashed with saltwater. "Taehyung I haven't even put sunscreen on!"

"I don't have any on, you'll be fine." He resumes his stance with a wide smile on his face.

"You're naturally tan, so you don't need it." You reply, sticking out your tongue, and then smile as he seems to be in a much better mood than earlier.

Although the conversation had replayed in your mind, you had yet to narrow it down to why his mood had shifted like that.

Taehyung had always been generous with you - too much in fact - and you had more than once told him to stop before completing the absolute ridiculously expensive purchase. You didn't need a brand new luxury car, or the entire spring collection of dresses. You appreciate the gesture, but you didn't need those things - having him was more than enough for you - and so you had told him every time. However, every time hearing this, Taehyung would still get a pout on his lips - but you knew it was more for show than anything.

Today though... Something just felt different.

Even though he seemed to be genuinely happy with you - especially in a more relaxed setting - you could sense there was something there, something deeper inside him, that bothered him.

For now, you decide to put aside the figuring out what is wrong. You want to enjoy the day off with him, and you know you can't do both. And so, you run out into the water and pounce on him, making you both fall.

You scream from excitement as you crash down in the water, and remember a little too late to close your mouth. Already regretting the jump, you fight your way up and half spit, half laugh, as you try to catch your breath.

Laughing, Taehyung supports you; his arm sliding in under your butt to make it easier for you. "You okay?" He asks, but it's clear that he finds the entire thing more amusing than anything.

"Yes, the water tastes amazing." You say in a sing-song voice, your eyebrows slightly knit together.

With a small smile, he takes his free hand and presses a finger between your brows. "You shouldn't make faces like this, it could get stuck."

"Well, what if I want that, eh? What if I want to be treated like a serious, old woman?" You deepen your wrinkle.

"Well, granny." Taehyung teases as he lets his finger play over your wrinkles. "Then you'll be glad to hear I've arranged for a nursing home that will- Ouch~" Taehyung whales as you snap your teeth at his finger, barely missing it.

You then stick out your tongue at him playfully, "This granny still bites, so beware."

He laughs and places a kiss on your forehead. "You know I'll love you - wrinkles and all."