Part 91 - Y/N - Temper

"Ey! Tae!" Reaching the edge of the pool, Jungkook stopped, his hands on his hips as he frowned at his friend

"Ey! Tae!" Reaching the edge of the pool, Jungkook stopped, his hands on his hips as he frowned at his friend. "What the fuck was that?!"

Taehyung's brows furrowed, and he looked away from Y/N, shifting his attention to Jungkook, already annoyed by the younger's tone. "What?"

The tone of Taehyung's voice didn't help the situation as Jungkook snorted and opened his mouth, but Jimin caught up to him before he could speak.

Jimin reached around Jungkook's hips, attempting to pull him back, but finding Jungkook rooted to the ground, he slid in front of him instead. "Not so loud, you idiot." Jimin reprimanded Jungkook before turning to Taehyung with a serious expression. "But really, Taehyung, what were you thinking? Were you even thinking at all?"

Now it was Taehyung's turn to snort. "What?" Dragging his fingers through his hair, he arched a brow. "You mean just how good and devoted an actor I can be in front of the camera?"

"It's too risky." Jimin insisted. "Even if it had all been only for the camera, this would still cause huge problems if it got out."

"So what if it did?" Taehyung said, taking everyone by surprise.

"What?"

"Would it matter?" Taehyung asked. "Would it be that wrong?"

"Tae..." Y/N tried. She couldn't understand what had come over him. It was not like him to speak with such carelessness.

"I'm serious, Y/N." He glanced down at her. "It's not wrong. We're not wrong."

"But the press-"

"The press can suck it!" He growled, making Y/N flinch.

"Tae!" She hissed, her eyes darting around the greenhouse, worried someone might have overheard him.

"Why are you so scared, Y/N?" He asked.

"Your career." Y/N said. "What if it-"

"No. My career isn't going anywhere. I'm already at the top." He looked away. "And I've been for a long time."

"Yes, but-"

"No."

"But you're part of the group." A lump was forming in her throat. "You're a team. And it'll affect all of you."

"What? You're worried about them? Well, don't be. It's not your fucking job." Taehyung challenged her, his dark eyes cold. "And if so, then so fucking what? They're big boys. They'll manage without me."

Y/N stared. Her head was spinning, trying to process his words. She could feel the panic rise within her as she looked from him to the others. "You can't be serious." She said, looking at the others. "You know that isn't true. You guys need each other."

"It's fine, Y/N." Jimin sighed, reaching out to touch her shoulder. "He doesn't mean it."

"Fuck, no, I do." Taehyung spat, glaring at the older.