Part 43 - Confrontation

Watching as Taehyung and Y/N walks away, a frown replaces the smug smile that had been on Jimin's lips.

He had thought...

"Hey, Jimin." Jungkook walks over and places a hand on Jimin's shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I just thought it stuck that time." Jimin mumbles to himself.

"Oh, Jiminie, don't worry your pretty little head." Jungkook laughs at his elder, rubbing his hair playfully. "I'm very sure it did."

Jimin swats his hand away, "And how the hell are you so sure?"

"She flung herself at him, did she not?" Jungkook smiled.

"Yes, she did..." Jimin mutters. "Didn't even look back."

"She didn't," Jungkook confirmed. "when normally she would have... Y/N flinging herself at Tae like that, I'd say it proves that whatever you pulled obviously had some effect." Jungkook runs a hand through his dark shaggy hair. "And just because she didn't look back doesn't mean it's not on her mind. Of all people, I should know." He trails off looking in the direction where they had walked off.

Jimin looks at his friend. He wants to believe that - believe that what he had done made an impression on her, but... it was not like he wanted it. Even though it might be true - as Jungkook was saying - that she had been affected... It was not in the way he wanted... Not yet.

"Come on, Jimin..."

"I don't know..."

Throwing his arms up, Jungkook let out an exasperated growl. "You don't know? Come on, man." He steps closer to Jimin. "You have made your impression, okay?"

"Impression, huh..." Jimin's voice got dark. "I should have known..." He steps even closer to Jungkook and pulls him down so their noses touch. "You saying that... You just want me to quit."