Security String

You, Jolyne, and Hermès trotted slowly through the hospital halls. Pucci, Dio, and whoever his remaining son was, were incredibly close by.

You carefully approached one of the doors, your hand moving to graze along the surface. "Here... I think they're he-" A bullet blasted straight through your skull.

A man who happened to be standing behind you collapsed onto the ground, blood already pooling out of the new hole in his head.

His wife crouched down next to him, "D-Darling? What happened?! Darling?!" She started shaking his shoulders, hoping he'd respond.

A doctor approached you to see if you were okay. You covered your wound with one hand, letting it heal before facing the person. Perhaps the growing crowd hadn't witnessed you getting shot. "Wow... Thank goodness that bullet didn't hit me."

"Bullet?!" Cried out the woman. "M-My husband was shot?!" So the doctor moved away from you to try and aide the dying man since he could clearly see that you were unharmed.

"(Y/N)..." Hermès leaned on your shoulder. "This whole thing is pretty shady, don't you think? It'd probably be safe to assume that whoever's with the priest caused this. It didn't really seem like a Stand attack though. It was like someone fired a real gun." She pressed herself against the wall to the left of the door. "And they should know shooting you won't work, so do you think they might've been aiming for the man? The guy who's kid was taken to the emergency room?"

"Maybe it was a test shot?" Jolyne grabbed onto the handle of the broken door. "Maybe they just got their ability and wanted to try it out."

"Perhaps." You peaked through the gap in the door. "I've met a few gun type Stands before. It wouldn't be unthinkable for more to exist, but I'm not entirely convinced that that's what is going on here. After all, there is a gaping hole in the center of that room's floor."

Narancia hovered next to you, "There's two people. They seem to be beneath us. Which means they probably went down that hole."

"Nope! Let me stop you there!" Hermès pulled you and Jolyne back. "I can already tell you wanna go in there. But it's obviously a trap! We shouldn't go in there before we can figure out a clear connection between this hole and that gunshot."

"Quiet, Hermès." Jolyne brought a finger up to her lips to make the Costello hush up. A few clacking sounds were coming from within the hole. Having crouched down, the Cujoh spotted an emergency flashlight attached underneath the hospital bed. She equipped it in her right hand and lit up the darkness. "Once they dug deep enough, they started tunneling to the side. With a spoon, perhaps?"

You picked up a patient's clipboard from the bedside table. "So Dio's other son is named Donatello Versus. He's twenty five years old and apparently jumped from a building."

Narancia nodded along. "That checks out." One of the blips on his radar had suggested a slightly more labored breathing that would result from a person being injured.

"Hey, guys, I'm not going in that hole. Let's just wait for them to come out! Or try to drag them out, like rabbits!" Hermès was not in favor of going into the shady, suspicious hole in the floor.

"Stands that make digging super easy exist too, you know." You knew by now that were basically Stands for everything. "If this Donatello fellow was able to make this hole during the time after he fired and before we entered this room, then he could probably pop out of the Earth somewhere else in a matter of minutes. Or he might just stay in there with Pucci until the new moon."

"Exactly." Jolyne sat down, her legs dangling into the pit. "We have to beat Pucci while he still has Whitesnake. Before he gets some absurd new power to help him achieve his Heaven. To ensure that he won't attempt this again, I'm considering killing him!"