Part 5 - Your Worst Nightmare

"Hi, Rhea." I said, barely above a whisper. It was my attempt to avoid any awkwardness, move past anything, and forget what she'd just kicked Liam out for.

Rhea slightly tilted her head, recrossing her arms. "Hi, Rhea?" She repeated, taking some slow steps towards me sitting down. She was still arms length away when she stopped.

Rhea looked her way down my frame, especially lingering on my shoulder. I looked down a moment in awkwardness, but forced myself to look at her. "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"No." She snapped, making eye contact with me again. She was breathing really heavy, muscles tensed in her cheeks, arms tight against her shirt. Again, I found myself drawn to the tattoos on her forearms. I knew she had some on her legs, even on her stomach. I wondered if she had anymore that wasn't visible. "Stop doing that." Rhea said.

I scrunched my eyebrows and smiled. I think I knew what she meant but I sounded oblivious. "Stop doing what?"

"Staring at me... you don't know what you're doing." Rhea said eerily, raising her head. It was like a teacher scolding a student.

I stood up and grabbed my bag, but didn't move. "I look at things I find pleasing, Rhea."

Rheas eyes closed a fraction, as if taking in what I just said. But also, as if she found me stupid.

Suddenly, in the silence between us, Rhea took a few steps forwards. She had this stalking look on her face. Her eyes were threatening, and her straight lips were angry. But I didn't move. I watched her step just inches away from me.

I think I surprised her, how I didn't move a single step back or away from her.

Rhea cleared her throat quickly, and whispered lowly. "If you think Liam was disgusting... If you think Santos and Damien hurt you badly... I'm worse than all of them, Angel." Rhea licked her teeth, but it was hidden by her lips. "Do not try and come near me."

If anyone else said that to me, I'd listen to them. I'd probably run and hide from them. Avoid them. Never talk to them. Talk back to them.

But I replied, just as Rhea went to turn away. "You came in here, Rhea. To me. Why?"

The way Rhea sniffled and then changed the weight on her hip, told me she couldn't say the reason why she wanted to come in here. I think it was... that she wanted to see if I was alright.

She hasn't said anything else. She already warned me to stay away from her. She came in here just to repeat it?

"Lay off the social media stalking..." Rhea said boldly, confident like usual. "And stay the hell out of our way in the ring." Rheas jaw twitched when she said that.

"Rhea." I stopped her from walking away again. She huffed and looked over her shoulder at me. "I'm not scared of you." I said.

"You should." Rhea turned around and stepped even closer to me. "I'm your worst fucking nightmare... The polar opposite of you... Too- too much for you."

Rhea was doing her best to make me afraid of her. But nothing was working. I didn't fear her at all. If anything, I was enjoying being this close to her.

I swallowed any doubt I had and spoke. "I'm not scared of beautiful things, Rhea." It was a risky thing to say, but it was the honest truth.

"Flo." Rhea growls, black lips tense as she turns fully to face me.

"No, Rhea. It's the truth." I replied. "I'm not someone who backs away so eas-"

Rheas lips crashes on mine. She grabbed my face with rough hands, claiming me in a way I've never felt before.