Part 31 - Kicking and Shouldering

Seeing the entrance of the gym just head, I peered over my shoulder once more and found the man just a few buildings from me.

Pulling my phone out, I try Rhea once more as I enter the gym building. There's no one at the front desk, but a sign reading 'Front desk currently unsupervised. Press the button for assistance." It seemed like a small family owned sort of gym. There wasn't anything stopping me from just walking straight inside.

So when I saw the man start to open the door to the gym, I took off in a sprint. I ran down the hall, hearing heavy and quick footsteps behind me.

My knees were so shaky as I rounded a corner and found the start of the gym. A cardio section and area for yoga mats, but there was no one here. I kept running, looking behind me to see the man has also started running, gruffing loudly behind me.

Oh my god.

I could have passed out. I ran by the weight lifting section, barely getting a look as I panicked and ran straight for the women's bathroom.

The room was completely silent as I slammed the cubicle door shut, locked it and stood there in the dead quiet.

It was what felt like minutes, when the bathroom door opened. Slowly and tortuously, heavy steps echoed through the bathroom. They were getting closer.

There was a slither of a gap in the door, I could hardly make out who it was.

Tears came to my eyes as I held my hand over my mouth, to try and stop myself from breaking down.

They were getting closer. Purposefully taking slow and threatening steps. Frightening me out of my bones.

It was silent for ages. They were just standing outside the cubicle, waiting, listening. All I could hear was my heart beating. My own tears falling. My own mind telling me the absolute worst.

Then the handle to the cubicle rattled and he began shouldering and kicking into the door. "Oh, god." I screamed, pressing myself against the door, hoping it would hold him back. But it was useless, he was grumbling and unleashing himself on the door, trying to break it. "Leave me alone!" I shouted, crying and shaking. "Please. Please. Please." I cried.

My fear sent me falling on the ground and crawling back as far as I could from the still banging door.

I could only pray how.

Pulling my phone out, I should have phoned the police, but instead I called Rhea.

It rang.

Then it rang again.

She wasn't going to answer...

"Flo, I'm so-" Rhea answered and began talking but stopped.

"Rhea... Rhea please help me. Please. Where are you? I need you." I cried as he kept banging on the door, kicking and shouldering into the large wooden thing. "Oh, god, Rhea." I cried.

It was so hard to focus on what Rhea was saying but I eventually made it out through her panicked words. "Where the fuck are you?"

He slowed his banging down, to nearly a completely stop and I heard him step away a few feet. "I went to the gym just down the road and I'm in the bathroom. Rhea, I don't- there's someone." I whispered it, unstable as I was also trying to listen to what he was doing just outside the cubicle.

I peaked through the gap as best as I could and couldn't see anything. I didn't hear the door open though, he couldn't have left. Unless I didn't hear it...

I sat back down, checking completely around me and unsure of what to do.

Listening back on the phone to Rhea, she wasn't speaking, there was shuffling going on though, and I could hear her breathing.