Part 19 - Chinese on Sundays

The first thing I did when I woke up was check my skin for the bruises, hoping they'd have faded. To my unfortunate luck, they had hardly faded.

Now, I was home and could find something I could wear. Hopefully.

I had plans to meet with T around lunchtime, but I messaged him just to double check what time.

T: Yes. 11:30? I'll meet you there, if that's alright?

Florence: Great. Rhea is coming btw

T: No worries

I still don't know what he thought about me being with Rhea... obviously it was probably weird, because I haven't been with anyone since our breakup. Let alone Rhea. I doubt he knew much about her, and the other way around.

Hopefully that would change today though.

Today. Ryan's 29th birthday. What should have been his 29th birthday.

After a quick stretch on my bed to wake up, I made a coffee and was just turning on my shower when my phone vibrated.

Rhea Ripperz 💗: I'll pick you up in 20?

Florence: Good morning to you too, Rhea 😚xx

I knew she was annoyed because she took 10 minutes to reply after that. I had showered and everything.

Rhea Ripperz 💗: Let me in.

What? She was here?

Florence: Just dressing up, hang on please x

I could basically hear her rolling her eyes.

Quickly getting dressed and brushing my teeth, I ran to the door to a grumpy, but awake Rhea. "Morning." I smiled up at her.

"Are you ready?" She asked quickly. My face fell a bit, hoping she would be a bit more kinder this morning. "What?" Rhea asked.

I opened the door to let her in. "Nearly." I said. "I just... nothing, don't worry." I whispered, shutting the door. "Make yourself at home."

Rhea didn't say anything and just took a quick look around while I got my things ready. Coming out from my bedroom, I gasped when Rhea crashed her lips against mine.

My back hit the bedroom door I just shut as she pressed her lips harshly against mine. She gripped my face, pushing her body hard against mine.

I found her waist and tried to keep up with kissing her back.

Then she pulled away and whispered. "Morning, Flo. How was that?"

So she knew exactly what was the matter.

I smiled. "A peck on the cheek and good morning would have sufficed."

Rhea smirked, lent to kiss me on the cheek. "Morning, Flo." She repeated.

"You're extra kind this morning." I grinned.

Rhea then rolled her eyes. "We're going."

It was a bit strange and shocking when Rhea would switch to being rough, dominant and some would say mean. To gentler and more kind. I wondered if it would always be like that, how much of both was she holding back.

I thought how she said no to officially being in a relationship. But, she didn't seem to care about catching feelings, or anything. She was jealous and protective. I think I'd die if I was with someone else. Was she not wanting to be official because... she was with someone else?

"Flo?" Rhea pushed some hair from my face. "What is it?"

"Nothing." I shook my head, going to walk around her.