Part 125 - Everything is Fine

I opened the door to Rheas room, my heart cracking at what I saw.

Damien was standing beside a very distraught Rhea. Trying to comfort her, but he was hardly doing anything.

She was breaking down completely.

Crying, with her hands in her face and shaking. She was sat up in her bed, choking on her sobs.

She heard the door open and looked at me. Her eyes were extremely swollen, red and wet. Her skin flushed and cheeks flushed. She had tears all down her face.

Rhea looked up to avoid my eyes, and tries to stop crying, her lower lip wobbling as she tried.

I didn't want her to hide that from me.

Damien got up and I immediately replaced his spot beside her. Damien left the room and I touched Rhea on the cheek, which made her look at me. She looked so weak, tired and... The look she gave me told me she felt guilty. Like she was to blame.

"Hi." I whispered softly and sat down on the bed beside her.

Rhea held my hand on her cheek, closing her eyes and blinking away the tears. She took a second to relax into my hold, not wanting to let me go. "I'm so..." her voice croaked and she couldn't get a word out.

"Don't apologise..." I whispered. "You have nothing to apologise for." I assured her with my nicest voice and smallest smile I could.

Rheas eyes stared into mine, like she didn't believe a word I said. Her face tilted and she let my hand go to wipe at her eyes. "Flo... baby I'm-"

"Rhea." I said interrupting her. "Don't say sorry." I shuffled closer to her and found her hands to hold them in mine. She squeezed them back, which made me feel better. "I should apologise... Rhea, I never never should have left you at the bar like that... I should have know something was wrong... I don't know how I even thought that you was doing that."

Rhea stared at me with blinking and glossy eyes as I kept talking. "That's not you. You'd never do that to me, and I- I know that. I really do and I'm really sorry I left you."

Rhea let some tears fall but then straightened her face back and cleared her throat. "D-Damien said you're not hurt... please tell me that's true?"

I nodded. "I'm fine."

Rhea looked down and ran her hand around mine to try and stop herself from crying more. Then her hands stopped and her face fell a little further.

What?

I looked down and she had her hand on my ring finger. My very empty ring finger.

Rhea looked at me, face slightly upset yet slightly annoyed. I didn't know what she was going to say.

I swallowed and said nervously. "It's at Damien's."

Rheas eyes softened and they grew wet again. She looked at the wall a brief second. "Please tell me you didn't take it off..." she said, voice weak and failing on her from how upset she was.

Oh, I felt horrible.

I was so so sorry for what I had to tell her.

"I took it off." I confirmed for her. "I left the bar and walked back, started packing and I- I took it off." I confessed.

Rhea rubbed her lips together in hurt and let me hands go to rub her forehead.

She recovered quickly and looked at me face. "Im sorry you had to see me with her."

I shook my head. "Rhea... you were completely out of it. You have nothing to apologise for, it's all ok-"

"It's not all ok." Rhea snapped suddenly, anger taking over. "You took your fucking engagement ring off. Didn't even try to fucking intervene, when something was really fucking off. I'd never do that to you."