Part 8 - The Middle Seat

My flight back to Orlando was better than expected. Mainly, because I was stuck repeating the interaction with Rhea in the truck last night.

I should have reacted a lot differently.

Rhea had no idea about my past, and I wouldn't imagine she would have done and said those things if she knew about it. All she was doing was trying to scare and push me away like she said. But, do I even want to surround myself with someone who even insults someone like she did me?

Why was she being so... mean towards me.

It made me want to keep on pushing. I felt like I was starting to crack her. I needed to keep trying.

I had just gotten to my apartment when I decided to text Becky, asking what flight she booked to Puerto Rico. She replied quickly, telling me the number. I researched it it was all sold out.

I tried Damien, asking him. I searched the flight and found a ticket free that was beside him. I let him know I'd be travelling with him, and if it's alright if we can carpool together, since I also booked the same hotel in PR.

Damien Priest: Need someone to hold your hand, sunshine? 😉

Oh gee.

I replied, saying a friendly "possibly."

The next day went on regularly as ever. I hit the gym, my usual coffee spot, and then binge watched my tv show.

It was Wednesday when I was jamming shoes into my suitcase, packing for the trip tomorrow. A notification came through my phone.

RheaRipley_WWE Posted a New Photo.

Yes, I turned her notifications on. No, that's not a stalkerish thing...

I opened the app and quickly brightened my eyes when I saw the picture she had posted.

I found the like button quicker than normal, hitting it. I wasn't sure if it was the best idea, but I did it anyway.

I think I looked at the photo an unhealthy amount of times over the next 24 hours.

It was Thursday night and my flight was soon. I parked at the airport, went inside to check in and then search for Damien. No doubt, he'd have the rest of The Judgment Day in tow. Not that I was complaining or anything.

I found him at a coffee stand, struggling to hold four coffee cups, which was a little funny to see the huge man attempting to carry the small cups.

"I'll take two." I gently grabbed two from his hands, and he smiled at me.

"Thanks, Flo." He said deeply and warmly. "We're up here." He said, starting to walk towards our gate.

It just came to my mind quickly. "Is Rhea, Dom or Finn here too?"