Part 44 - Too Kind

When I woke up I felt pretty lonely.

To be fair I was alone.

Rhea wasn't in the bed this morning, but I could hear her clanging around out in her kitchen.

Reaching over to check the time, it was 9am, which was fairly late for me to get up. I didn't blame Rhea for being awake, I knew she often woke up early.

Getting out of bed, I slowly made my way out to her kitchen, rubbing my eyes. "Morning Rh-" I stopped when I saw the mess she had going on in the kitchen.  I laughed. "What are you trying to cook? I don't think anything is this messy?"

Rhea took a stressed breath. "First it was protein pancakes, but the recipe was terrible, they didn't work."

"So what are you doing now?" I laughed, looking into the bowl she was mixing.

"Regular pancakes." She said simply.

Shaking my head, letting her get back to it, I got myself a glass of water. I wiped over the counter to plant myself up on it, watching Rhea. "They look good." I stated.

"They better." She mumbled, pulling a pan out to start cooking them.

"Something tells me you don't cook often." I say.

Rhea shrugged. "Not all the time, but never really breakfast things. I always eat oats."

"Boring." I said in a high pitched voice. "Eggs are way better."

"Yeah?"

I nodded happily. "Yes! Fried, scrambled, poached... You're missing out with your dry old oats."

Rhea rolled her eyes. "Don't make me throw this away and serve you oats." She threatened.

I shut my mouth, smiling and enjoying watching as she flipped them over. I clapped and cheered. "Woooo! You did it."

Rhea tilted her head at me. "I will do it." She grabbed the pan off the heat.

I put my hands out. "No, no, no, alright, I'll stop."

As we were waiting for them to cook, it got a bit quiet in the room, then Rhea come between my legs and started undoing the buttons on my pajama shirt. "Rhea? What are you doing?" I whispered.

"I want to check it." She said with no emotion in her voice. Rhea undid the last button and opened the shirt to reveal my breasts and stomach. She pushed the silk to the side, examining my stomach. Her eyebrows scrunched, and she ran her fingers softly over my skin.

She was touching the bruise I still had from the bathroom a few days ago. "It doesn't hurt." I assure her. "I can hardly feel it."

"Mmm. Do it back up." She ordered, going to grab plates for us.

Doing the top button back up, I hopped off the counter. Rhea was serving the pancakes but I could sense her anger from her. I went up behind her and wrapped my arms around her middle. "I feel so safe with you." I told her.

Rhea didn't say anything or move. She didn't really believe me. So I tried again. "I'm really happy that I'm with you." I wasn't sure about it, because I didn't know if I was technically with her. She wasn't officially my girlfriend.

"Me too." Rhea replied, putting the pan in the sink and turning around to pass me my plate.

"That looks great." I took it from her, and we sat down to eat together.

Afterwards, Rhea told me to go shower and we'd be leaving pretty soon afterwards.

Getting dressed in my favourite white jeans, and a blush pink sweater, I slipped on my white Nikes, run my hands through my hair and applied some deodorant. Finally ready, I went out and saw Rhea waiting on her couch, keys in her hand.