Part 113 - Psycho

"Rhea." I said again, but she wasn't even looking at me. "Rhea." I repeated myself. Yet she still wasn't looking.

She was pacing back and forth of my hospital room, sort of mumbling to herself. She was still angry about what happened. Trying to talk herself out of finding the surgeon who did my surgery last time.

She was ignoring me, because I was trying to tell her it was going to be ok.

"Rhea." I said again. I gave up and relaxed back.

She made me do this.

I pretended to be in pain. Whimpering and holding my side. "Rhea..."

Rhea quickly rushed to beside me. "Baby? What is it? Where's it-"

I smiled at her.

Her face fell and she looked even more angry. "Don't do that." She snapped and stood back up.

"Listen to me, then." I told her. "Sit down." I nodded to beside me.

She actually listened and plopped herself beside me on the bed, staring at me, and waiting to hear what I had to say.

"They apologised. Mistakes happen. What else can we do."

It wasn't a question, but Rhea answered it with a snappy voice. "I'll tell you what I'm going to do-"

"Rhea." I cut her off.

She looked down in annoyance, shaking her head. Then she looked up at me, softly and with care. She didn't snap at me again, she was soft and gentle with her voice, which still surprised me when I heard her trying. "Why aren't you more angry about this, baby? You nearly died. Had surgery and 5 months later they tell you they need to do it again because they accidentally left a bullet fragment inside you."

I nodded, knowing I should probably be angrier than I was. But, that's not me. "Mistakes happen." I just said again. She went to pull away, but I held onto her hand harshly, scared of what she was about to go do. "Rhea... can you get me some water?" I asked, wanting to distract her.

"Fine." She said, and left the room. "I think Damien and Dom were coming, by the way." She said. I knew there was a water cooler just down the hall and around the corner, not far at all.

When she left, I lied down and closed my eyes. Trying to catch my breath and relax my mind.

When I heard her footsteps coming back in the room. I smiled, opening my eyes and...

I was shoved off the bed completely, landing harshly on my side and smacking my head on the hard floor.

What the... who the...

I looked up to a woman who was coming my way.

That was... the same woman from earlier. The one who wanted to take my engagement ring.

She looked crazy. Wide eyes and a smiling mouth. She wanted to hurt me. "She should be engaged to me!" She said, high pitched and annoying voice.

I knew what I could handle, and what I couldn't. "Help!" I screamed, making her charge down at me and grabbing my hair. I kept screaming until she was yanked up from me.

I shuffled back on my hands, holding my scalp. Watching as a doctor pulled the woman from me and trying to hold her back. "What are you doing, ma'am?" The doctor was trying to talk to her, but she started laughing. Then she broke free from his hold, starting for the door.