Part 115 - Don't Appreciate The Humour

I was sitting with a doctor who was doing a check over of me before they prep me for surgery.

They asked Rhea to leave, she declined, until I asked her to grab me some water. She declined again, reminding me of what happened before.

So, in my exact words, I said. "You can't get water for your fiancé who took a bullet for you?"

And she stood up, giving me an angry look, leaving the room.

She sent me a message, saying they were filling the water tank nearby and she was just finding a vending machine for me.

I replied and let her know it was fine.

The doctor finished his check over me and was filling out his papers when she sent me another message.

Bottom 💗: Had to go all the way out by the entrance for this water, Angel. Tell me thank you.

I rolled my eyes to myself.

Florence: Needy 😌x

Bottom 💗: Careful now. You're recovery time is hardly as long as before, baby girl x

I still loved when she sent me an 'x'

Florence: Hurry back.

Knowing she would definitely hurry back, I turned to the doctor and asked his kindly. "During the surgery, I know you're not doing it, but you're with me for the recovery after. During the surgery, can you just check on my fiancé. She really worries about me, and i want to make sure she's going to be fine."

The doctor smiled warmly. "Of course, miss Miller. I can see she's very careful of you."

I nodded. "I know. Sorry about that, if she's rude. She's just been having a hard day."

"I understand." He replied. "Though, please tell her to not punch me in the face or anything. I'm afraid she has more muscles than I do."

I laughed, and Rhea came in the room at the exact same time.

She looked between the doctor and I, coming to sit by me again. "Everything fine?" She asked me.

I went to answer but my doctor spoke up first. "Everything's perfect, Miss Ripley. She's all ready to go for surgery."

Rhea looked at the doctor, and I was scared for his life. "Did I ask you?"

"Rhea." I said, and the doctor just laughed it off, winking at me.

"I'll get your surgeon, the anaesthesiologist and we'll be back soon." The doctor said, nodding goodbye.

Rhea turned to me as soon as he left. "I don't like him."

I tilted my head and smiled. "Rhea... he's lovely. He's helping me, how can you not like him?"

Rhea crossed her arms, and I followed her, mocking her. "Fuck sake." She mumbled, and relaxed. "I need a drink or something after today."

"Go get one." I urged her. "While I'm in there-"

"I'm not leaving you here." Rhea said. "I'm waiting for you."

"At least eat." I begged her. "Or drink some water. Call your parents, I'm sure they'd want to hear what's going on."

Rhea nodded. "Alright." She said sadly. She definitely didn't want to or would do any of that.

I held her hand and waited quietly together until my doctor came back with the surgeons. "Ready miss Florence?" My surgeon introduced himself and to Rhea who was very broad with the guy.