Part 56 - Happiest Fkn Woman

I could feel myself waking up, but struggled to open my eyes.

They were so heavy.

My whole body was so heavy.

Every limb. Especially my middle, it was so stiff.

I groaned as I sat up, fluttering my eyes open. "Ouch." I whimpered, my eyes trying to get used to the sun that was setting out of the window.

Then it was quickly gone, as someone shut the blinds, making the room dark. "Thanks." I mumbled out, rubbing my eyes to see clearer.

Rhea was still sat beside me, looking like hell itself. "Rhea..." I whispered. "It's been a long time the sun is setting."

"Actually it's rising, pretty girl. You've slept 12 hours." Rhea whispered, holding my hand and squeezing it.

"Oh." I cleared my throat. "Where's my parents?"

"They were here before but left for some food, they shouldn't be far." Rhea said. "Do you feel alright?"

I nodded. "Better than before."

"Good." Rhea picked up a glass on a table beside me. "They said you should try and drink water, please drink." She held the glass to my mouth.

I smiled. "I think I can hold it, Rhea-"

"I don't care. Let me." Rhea said, tipping the glass to give me some water.

I awkwardly sipped the water, swallowing it and immediately feeling better. I asked her for another sip.

"Better?" Rhea asks softly, and I nod.

She was being so gentle. So soft. So kind.

I remembered the words she said to me in the ambulance... it just came to me.

"What are you thinking about?" Rhea asked me, holding my hand again.

"I was just remembering the ambulance ride, Rhea." I squeezed her hand. "I don't like that you think what I did was pointless. That you couldn't live without me, Rhea. I'd want you to."

Rhea shook her head and looked down.

"You said I wasn't too good for this world. It was what the world needed." I said.

Rheas eyes turned glossy. "It's all the honest truth, Flo." She wiped at her eye. "Is that all you remember me telling you?"

I thought about it, trying to think back. "I don't know, i was in and out."

"Flo." Rhea lent in, a tear on her cheek as she kissed my fingers. "I love you. So fucking much."

My heart warmed. A huge grin coming on my face. "I love you." I replied quickly, sitting up as best as I could.

"Fuck, Ive been thinking about those words leaving your lips for hours." Rhea went to sit up, and kiss me, but stopped halfway, looking upset as she examined my body.

I held her cheek. "A kiss is fine, Rhea."

Rhea smiled, leaning in the rest of the way to press her lips to mine.

It was so soft. So much gentleness. There was so much love in the kiss.

Neither of us pulled away, and kissed each other more.

I really needed this. Rhea really needed this.

But Rhea softly pulled back, taking my hand again and kissed it. "Why did you do that, Flo? Why would you protect me like that... how did you know he was going to pull that trigger?"