Part 176 - Pretty Girl

Motherhood was something else.

Late nights.

Tired.

Hungry.

Not showered.

I was half asleep on the couch already, at 3:45pm. The only things not letting me fall asleep completely was watching Rhea and Ryan across the room.

Rhea was holding Ryan, watching him sleep... like for an hour straight. He was just still, sleeping, doing nothing, he could easily lay down himself, but Rhea didn't want to let him go.

He was dressed so sweetly in blue and white, and yes I dressed him, otherwise he'd be wearing all black...

I can't let him visit his favourite uncle Finn wearing black...

Oh, Finn is the favourite.

Ryan cried on Dom, and then spewed on Damien, Finn was the only one who he actually fell asleep too. I think it was because Finn had the experience, and maybe Ryan could tell he was warmer than the others.

It was Valentine's Day, and I had convinced Rhea to take me to a concert. A Motionless In White one, where I made sure she got us moshpit tickets. I couldn't not go in the moshpit, that's ones of her favourite things ever, and I needed to experience it.

It took some convincing, but I got it done. Rhea was definitely concerned, but I knew she'd look out for both of us. Plus, I had this new motherly strength, that I was confident in my abilities to knock people about.

If I could wake myself up.

Rhea looked at me, catching my attention. "We should go soon." She whispered so gently.

I looked at the time. "Yeah. Sure you don't want him to go visit uncle Dom?"

Rhea glared at me. "Not happening. It's Finn, and only Finn."

Only because he has other children, is experienced and his wife is incredible. She would never leave Ryan alone with anyone else that wasn't me, her, our parents or Finn. He was completely off limits to everyone else.

Packing up our things, we headed off to Finns, dropping Ryan off safely. Rhea gave him a stern warning, of course, before we left.

I pouted in the car. "My heart hurts."

Rhea snapped her head at me. "What?"

"I don't want to leave him." I replied sadly.

Rhea smiled weakly and grabbed my hand. "I know, baby, me too."

"We should have just brought-"

"No way." Rhea cut me off. "I'm not gonna bring my two month old to a heavy metal concert. I don't even want to bring you."

I tilted my head at her. "We'll be fine. I'll be fine. You're there, and Damien, Ellie, and Dom." I told her.

"Mmm." She focused back on the road. "You always get into some sort of trouble."

And that was so true, especially when Dom was involved.

"Your jeans are nice-"

Rhea cut me off. "Don't suck up to me, brat." And she focused on driving us to the outdoor venue.

Arriving and meeting up the guys, they were playing light rock music to welcome everyone in, and I banged my head on the way, walking so sweetly beside Rhea, who has this death grip on my arm.

"You definitely don't even know this song." Rhea looked at me.

"Who cares." Dom piped in on my other side and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "I don't, but I'm glad to be here." He winked at me.