Part 134 - Meme

"Jim is the best character from The Office, he's hilarious." Damien said from the seat behind me.

Dom scoffed. "You're wrong. Dwight is incredible. He's the best."

Damien chuckled. "I see similarities with you two, actually. Weird and-"

"Shut up, mama verga." Dom snapped.

Damien laughed again and I looked to Rhea beside me rolling her pretty eyes at them.

"Oh, you're so grumpy." I touched her arm warmly.

She looked down at me, and softly smiled like she'd been needing some affection. Then she put her hand around my shoulders, knowing the plan was about to take off. Rhea sort of groaned as she lent her head on my head. She was so tired but she'd never admit that. She'd let me sleep before she let herself sleep.

"You should sleep." I told her.

Rhea moaned annoyed against my hair. "You know I'd kiss the ground you walk on..."

I smiled to myself.

Rhea continued. "You're literally my entire world... I worship you."

"I love you." I said softly and kissed her on her jaw, making her pick her head up and look down at me gently.

"I love you."

"I actually brought something for us to read on the ride over." I reached down to my bag and pulled out a few things I'd found yesterday and brought with me. All sorts of information about IVF process and adoption and things like that. I looked to Rhea.

She read what I had and then found my face. "You'd look so sexy pregnant." She told me.

I laughed softly. "You'd still be very scary with a big belly."

Rhea rolled her eyes. "I could still bend you over the-"

"Oh my god! Guys!" Dom was between the head seats, reaching over and grabbing the papers from us. "You're pregnant or?" He looked to me.

I shook my head. "I'm not."

Dom then turned to Rhea, who glared at him. "Alright, and she's not." He gave me the papers back, then looked to Rhea again. "Yet?" He asked hopeful.

"Fuck off, Dom." She snapped.

"Oh, relax." I told Rhea and looked to Dom with sorry. "Yet is the right word. Later rather than sooner." I told him.

Dom smiled so happily. "I'm so fucking excited. I'm going to be his favourite uncle-"

"His favourite uncle?" I asked him.

Dom tilted his head and seemed offended. "I'm not gonna be an uncle?" He sounded sad.

Oh.

I felt horrible.

"Correct. You're not an uncle." Rhea told him rudely.

I put my hand on her knee in hopes to relax her. She was just too tired and too grumpy. "You'd be an uncle. I meant, that you think we'd have a boy?"

"Oh." Dom breathed out. He shrugged. "I can just picture a boy."

I looked to Rhea who lent her head back and her face softened out a bit. I like to imagine she was also thinking about that. Our little boy.

I shook that thought out. I was getting a bit ahead of myself...

Dom sat back down in his seat and I went back to Rheas arm, who pulled me in. The rest of the flight we read about the IVF process, and researching some more, then eventually falling asleep for the last hour.