Part 73 -Sneezing

When Rhea finished in the shower I waited awkwardly in the kitchen. I decided to prep some breakfasts for Rhea to take on her two day trip, i thought she'd appreciate it.

But she came out to I think check I was alright. Just quickly, and then she went to the bedroom, and I could see her turn off the light.

She was going to sleep? Like this?

We had been so good at communicating lately. Both of us. She felt just another level angry and weird today. I didn't blame her, Trevor was being terrible and desperately trying to make her snap.

I tidied up the mess I made, writing Rheas name on the breakfasts and sitting them by her bags for tomorrow afternoon.

Then I went to the bedroom, finding Rhea facing the wall. I got changed and slid in beside her. "Rhea..." I whispered, hand on her shoulder. She obviously didn't want to talk right now, so I didn't push her. "Are you coming with me to my appointment in the morning?"

"Yes." Rhea replied softy and quickly.

I let her go to turn the other way and eventually go to sleep.

Waking up was rather stressful. Rhea was already up when my alarm went off at 7:30. She must have heard the alarm and come in with my medications, urging me to sit up.

So I sat up and watched as she did my injection for me. It must be a good thing she still did this for me, and was gentle with it. When she finished, she left the room.

I slowly got ready and went to the kitchen where Rhea was putting away dishes. "Are you ready?" I asked softy, checking the time.

"Yeah." Rhea replied, stopping what she was doing to grab her things. I followed her out the door and into her truck.

I remembered last night and my fingers shook in worry. Nervousness, and I was extra aware of everything around us the whole way.

Rhea found a park, and we got inside, and to the waiting room. I had my fingers interlocked on my lap, to stop them from shaking. My knee was winning a little up and down.

"I would never hurt you." Rhea whispered leaning a little closer to my side. I looked to her and she was examining my shaky hands. "I can't fucking fathom the idea of you so scared of me."

But she didn't understand... because she wouldn't let me talk last night. "I'm not, Rhea. It was the-"

"Florence." I was cut off by a doctor who called my name ready to see me.

Rhea followed close to my back down the hall and into the small room. I found a seat before the doctor, and Rhea found her own seat, resting on the arm of my chair. I looked up to her but she didn't say anything. Even the doctor seemed a bit amused by it.

"So, about two weeks post op, how is everything feeling? I know we had a tear, but I'll check on that shortly."

I shrugged and smiled. "I'm really feeling fine. I haven't had any trouble."

"That's amazing, Florence. How is the medication going?" He asked. I answered a few of his questions and he eventually asked me to remove my shirt and stand up so he can take a look at my healing.

Rhea watched very intently from the arm of my chair with her arms crossed. I tried to look in her eyes and distract her, but she just kept staring at the guy who was touching and examining my scarring.

Eventually I sat back down. "It's look amazing, I'd say those stitches can come out. So I'll book you in for tomorrow tomorrow if you don't mind coming back?"

I looked to Rhea and she looked to me. "Can you take me to get my car from my apartment?"

Rhea nodded softly and I booked in with the doctor to come back tomorrow. As Rhea wouldn't be here and be able to take me.