Part 37 - The Gentle in Question

"You have it." I said, passing the last piece of pizza to Rhea, who was going to let me have it. "I'm really full ." I said, encouraging her.

Rhea huffed but took it, biting into the cheese pizza.

I had been trying my best to make her laugh, even smile. I'd tried a lot of things, but was running out quickly.

I spotted the brownies still on the food try, ice cream now all melted. "Hope you didn't want ice cream..." I sad sadly. Rhea didn't reply but I knew she heard me. "You can have both of the brownies." I told her.

Rhea squinted, halfway through the piece of pizza. "Do I need two brownies?"

Alright... I wasn't very good at this right now.

Picking up one, I started on it, biting into a corner and the brownie just crumbling apart and down my front. Damn...

Rhea faintly laughed beside me, watching me with an amused face, nearly a smile. "Nice one." She whispered.

I huffed, picking up the bits I'd dropped and plopping them back in my mouth. Happily.

"Real cute." Rhea whispered, still watching me.

"And you're cuter." I complimented, grin on my face.

Rhea rolled her eyes, swallowing the last bite. "And you're insufferable sometimes." Rhea found her brownie and started on it.

I ran out of things to do, things to say, I think I was still shocked about what she told me. I didn't really want to think about it more than I have to. And also cause Rhea to think about it too.

A thought come into my head, and I wasn't sure how Rhea was going to take it. "Hey... I have something to tell you."

"Mmm?" Rhea hummed, staring at me, stopping at chewing her brownie.

"Im now assigned to both RAW and SMACKDOWN." I said. "Im ring announcing for both, starting this Friday."

Rhea blinked, unsure of what to say. "Alright." She whispered. "I'm coming with you, then."

"You don't have to." I started.

Rhea cut me off. "I'm coming, Flo."

I nodded. "Sure." I didn't want to press it further. If she wanted to come, then she can. I just didn't want her to overwork herself.

It was silent between us as Rhea finished off her food, and then drank some water. I was going to see if she wanted to get into bed, when she spoke first. "I hate your pajamas." She said.

I looked down at the silky floral pattern. Offended. "I like them." I said. Rhea rolled her eyes. "They are pretty, and expensive."

"Just wear normal pajamas for your age." She said boredly.

"Alright, this wasn't called for." I said sadly. "They make me feel happy."

"Then I love them." Rhea added, standing up and moving the tray of empty plates on the table. "Are you tired?" She asked.

I shrugged. "A little. Not much." I took my shot to stand up and hold her hands, which she let me. "Can I- can I show you something gentle, Rhea?"

Rhea didn't say anything, just studied my face. Her jaw twitched as she looked to the roof in what seemed to be frustration. "Like what?" She whispered.

I lent up to whisper in her ear, holding her hands tighter. "Have you ever been touched by a hand as gentle as mine?"

I slowly pulled back to look at Rheas face and she was a little pink. And that was a little entertaining to see. Rhea licked over her lips a little awkwardly. "No." She said, answering me question.