Part 41 - Trust, Touch and Trackpants

I could feel myself waking up but didn't want to move.

When I finally did, I realised I was alone in the bed. Opening my eyes, I spotted Rhea sitting at the small table across the hotel room, hands in her head and face buried into it. Her foot was tapping like she couldn't stop overthinking.

"Rhea..." I cleared my throat. Rheas eyes snapped to me, surprised to see me awake. I think my heart sank when I saw her. Her face was completely flushed red, wet cheeks and her eyes were swollen. Tired. "Rhea." I pulled the covers off and began to move out of the bed, but gasped at the sharp sting on my side.

"Flo? A-are you alright?" Rhea asked quietly as she got up from her seat to come to me.

There was something wrong with my side. Pulling up the dress I still had on, I saw a few dots of purple on there, from where the guy... he must have grabbed onto me harder than I thought.

I was too late to hide it again, and Rhea saw it, just staring at it. I pulled the dress over it. "I'm okay." I said to her.

Rhea pushed her hair from her face, and walked away to sit back down at the table.

I followed her and planted myself softly on her lap, straddling her in the chair. I put my arms on her shoulders, one rubbing at the back of her neck. By the way he face relaxed, she needed this.

Just like how she helped me fall asleep last night, she needed this.

Rhea closed her eyes and enjoyed the touch, and she put her hands faintly on my hips.

After a few minutes, she opened her eyes to look at my face. "You shouldn't still be here." She whispered.

What? "Rhea, what are you talking about?" I asked.

Rhea grabbed my cheek and gave me this horrible, sad, guilty look I hated seeing. Her eyes were still so wet. It was so jarring, seeing her so upset. "I lied to you, Flo. You shouldn't trust me... I don't trust myself to keep you safe. I can't."

I held her own face in my hands. "Rhea... stop saying that."

"Flo its-"

"No." I stoped her. "You can't be with me 24/7, Rhea. It wasn't your fault. I need you with me." I said.

Rhea shook her head and looked down.

I continued telling her exactly what's as going on in my head. "I trust you with my life, Rhea." The face she made told me she didn't believe I thought that. "I need you to help me through this... because he isn't leaving me alone anytime soon." My voice bobbled in anger. "He continuously tries to get to me, tries to hurt you, Rhea... and I need you."

Rhea closed her eyes in sadness, letting my face go.

I didn't let go of hers. "We need to find out who this is, and what he wants." I said.

Rhea shook her head, sadness now turned into some anger. "I could fucking kill him if we find out who it is, Flo. Im not joking when I say that. Does that scare you?"

"Of course is does. Everything about this scares me. He wants to probably-" I struggled to say it. "Rape me, Rhea. Hurt you badly... this is frightening."

Rhea covered my back with her arms, pulling me closer against her. "I don't blame you for not believing me, but I'm not letting that happen to you. Flo, I'd rather fucking die than let you go through that."

I tucked a piece of Rheas hair behind her ear. "I know." I said, trying to raise her spirits. But I also believed her too.

"Don't do that." Rhea shrugged my hand off her cheek, and used her own to tuck my hair behind my ears. Rhea slowly ran her finger down my side, settling on the spot that was bruised, and her face turned to pain. "You should never be marked by anyone but me." She whispered.