Breakup

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. The chapter contains elements of toxic relationships and cheating – lot's of red flags, so trigger warning for that. Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Bucky's Point of View ---

"I think you take after me, I always have trouble sleeping." I muttered gently.

I was walking around holding our daughter Natasha, she was restless, why her twin brother Steve was fast asleep in his crib, I took her out before she woke her brother.

"You are a beaming father, but you know that you and Chase need to spend some time together – your relationship still has some open wounds, and for the kids' sake – you need to mend it." Shuri mentioned, coming up she touched her little head, she yawed and cooed.

"I know, I ant to marry her."

"Are you sure that is a good idea?"

I gave her a look that must have shown my complete and utter confusion at that.

"What do you mean?"

"As I said, there are some wounds that are not healed between you, we have known enough for a long time Mr. Barnes, and jumping into something is what lead to trouble with her in the first place."

I looked down at her daughter.

She was right, I pissed me off to no end but she was right. Our relationship was still on steady ground.

I wanted to start fresh and give us a better chance.

"Maybe we are doing this wrong, maybe we shouldn't be stepping closer to one another, maybe we should step back."

I muttered, I wasn't asking for permission, but I knew that this was going to be hard to do. Maybe a month or so apart would do us both some good – I could focus on missions and she could relax and bond with the babies, after some time I would ask her out on a proper date, and we would do this right.

I had to make sure that she loved me, and wasn't still in love with James. I had a gut feeling the only way to figure out the truth of that – was to let her go and see where she stands.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

I was awake, I looked and saw that I was alone in the room, walking to the foot od the bed, I saw that my son was in his crib, but my daughter was gone.

I walked to the door and looked down the hall, Bucky was walking back and fourth with her, talking softly to her.

I smiled and walked back in the room, I wasn't about to interrupt some father/daughter bonding time.

I had just gotten back to bed when Bucky walked back into the room, there was a grave look on his face. He put our now asleep daughter in her crib and walked over to me.

"What is it?"

He sat down on the edge of the bed, and took my hands looking at me.

"I love you, you know that right?"

I nodded; my heart was starting to hammer in my chest as anxiety was getting the better of me.

"I think we have rushed into everything to fast, and so many things have happened, and the timeline was fucking up – and everything with James and myself..."

"Yeah, I know..."

"We need to take some time apart, I don't mean leave one another – I'm still going to be here and take care of our children, but I think we need to step back a little bit."

My heart was starting to break. I felt like I was being rejected, no I WAS being rejected. What the hell, he was sleeping with me on moment, then basically dumping me right after.

I pulled away from him, backing against the headboard I drew my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. I looked up at his blue eyes, suddenly not feeling safe with him.

"Ok...if that is what you want."

"I love you, and I want to be with you, but we just need some time."

"Please leave, I will never keep you from our children, but please leave."

"If you need anything..."

"You are going to be the last person I will call."

"Baby this isn't forever, I just want to take things slow..."

"Please leave."

With a sigh he did as he was told, when he was out of the door I ran and locked it, walking over to the cribs. I was so shocked at his sudden change of heart that I needed time to process.

"I feel like I am now a single mother..." I muttered, tears starting to fall down my face as I touched the cheek of my daughter and gazed lovingly at my son.

Why the hell was he suddenly stepping away from me?