Asylum

Her red high heels clicked against the coal-black and white tiles of Arkham Asylum. This was her 11th session with the mad man himself. She flashed her bright smile of a pink nude lipstick and pearly white teeth at the security guards. There was no doubt in the world that Harleen didn't have a beautiful smile. It was unfortunate that all she could get out of them were offhand cat calls and nervous faces saying "You won't make it. They never do". She reached the window of her patient which had the appearance of looking quite different compared to the others. Everywhere she looked, she could see other patients windows ajar for anyone to see. She stared at the embroidery of the name "Joker" for a small while before looking at the bolts on the window that covered the room up which she thought was unnecessary. A new guard of the job-almost like Harleen herself, just stared at her in admiration like he was day dreaming before getting the memo of telling her the news. But before he could open up his mouth, she spoke.

"Do you mind?" She asked. Almost immediately he responded with something she didn't contemplate.

"I'm Cameron" He introduced himself.

"Harleen" As much as she had little patience for the watchmen at Arkham, she tried to respond as softly as she could to the new comer. "Mind opening up this door for me?" She sighed.

"I can't do that." He said calmly.

"Why is that?" She frowned.

"Joker kinda had an accident." He answered.

"Accident?" She looked down at the coffee in the tea cup she had picked up from the snack lounge.

"Yeah something about him clawing the guards face and blood and hospitalization and then me replacing the guard that nearly got his face torn off and that you must have your session through the window because Joker is on punishment." He shook his head in disbelief. What a way to start off your first day.

"That's unfortunate but fortunate at the same time. I didn't like the guy anyways. He was always looking me up and down." She tried not to make laughter of the situation.

Cameron had gotten a key from his set of keys and unlocked a padlock off the window. He proceeded to open it.

"Thank you" She nodded and took a seat on a stool near the window where she saw him in his habitat of complete madness.

He was sitting near the corner in a straight-jacket. And although no one was able to pick out any detail of his face. Harleen was the one who knew that he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey...How are you doing?" She said while taking a sip from her drink.

"Peachy" He told her, glancing at her with his peripheral vision.

"Is that sarcasm that I hear?" She shook her head and pretended to write down his behavior on her note pad. He gave her a chortle with his raspy voice which got a laugh out of her.

"I've noticed you're not happy here." She sighed.

"I know" He stood up but still didn't bother turning around to face her. "I got something for you" Still not being able to see his face, Harleen knew that the clown was now frowning as he made an effort to regard the object in his pocket but had trouble with the straight-jacket.