Stitches

Harley Quinn's POV

I opened my eyes to Joker parking the car. "Are we here?" I looked up.

"Yup." He got out a flashlight.

"Why do you need that?" My eyes focused.

"Ssshhh. I heard something." The lights on the house brightened.

"Harley. Get in the car and lock the door." More lights lightened up from inside the house.

"I'm not a child. I can defend myself." I propped myself on my right foot.

"Get. Inside. The. Car. And. Lock. The. Door. Harley." He tried not to lose his patience.

So it was best to get in the car and lock the door. I saw him entering the mansion and a crash was heard. He ran out of the mansion.

"What happened?" There was people starting to surround the mansion.

"They're here for you." They stood behind him.

"Why?" I saw a main figure in a coat.

The person pulled down his hoodie. "Daddy?" His arms were around the other people's shoulders.

I heard that when I was 9, my dad died in an accident. No one knew what kind. Either his death was a lie or I'm hallucinating. "I thought you were dead-" When I started to confront him, he started to disappear into thin air.

"No!" I ran to where he was present and dropped to my knees. The other people started to disappear as well.

"Harley!" Joker interrupted my melt down. "What's wrong?" I still saw figures standing there. Who were they?

"Look." They had a sad smile on their faces.

"What?" Their eyes were filled with radiance.

"You don't see them?" I asked.

"Nope. See who?" He was kneeling before me.

"There was strangers right there. They were wearing long coats. There was one of them. A guy who looked very similar to my dad. And from a young age, people would tell me that he was dead. Then they disappeared in thin air." My voice was loud.

He shook his head. "Are you ok?"

I was obviously hallucinating. "Just nevermind. Where did you go?" I whispered.

"One of the villians I had fought with broke into my "security system" He leaned down.

"Aren't you a villian though?" He helped me up.

"I am to Gotham and Batman but to these people, I'm the greatest person around." He grasped onto my shoulder.

He unlocked his door and walked in. "The voices won't stop."

"Ahh. That is why I'm trying to help you." I started having tears in my eyes.

He walked me upstairs and opened a secret door. Inside, there was a room with a huge pool of acid. "How is this suppose to help?" I looked past him.

"I was suffering the same way you were Harley. The hallucinations, the voices, feeling frustrated of where I belong in this city. I needed my identity. I knew who I wanted to be. And this here, is all just a start. Trust me."

"So..I'm gonna fall in the acid po-" Right when I asked him the question, he pushed me inside of it.

I sunk in the pool and tried to swim my way up buy failed. I felt like someone was pulling me down. I heard a splashing sound and saw him try to save me. Joker lifted me up from the acid and our clothes were starting to fade. The colors blue and magenta swam around us. I was conscious but my sight was starting to blur.

I woke up in a dark room but the lights from the outside made it less dark. I could see a table with many papers stacked on top of each other. There was pictures of Batman and Gotham all over the walls and then there was a picture of me. I guessed that it was his room. I noticed that my hair was damp and one side was pink and the other was blue at the ends. The door opened and he kneeled beside me. "You just have a cut on your cheek." He looked at me.

"This might sting a bit." I closed my eyes.

He dabbed a cotton ball with alcohol on it. It stung but didn't hurt as I thought it would.

I want to thank you guys so much for 1K! This isn't the first time but I'm just glad that people are enjoying my story and I hope you are.

STAY AWESOME