Nine in the Afternoon

Harley's POV

The rain poured down on me. I held my black umbrella over Melanie and I. I sat up from my seat and looked at Melanie.

Melanie's eyes carried pain. Begging for everything to just stop. I held out my hand. She took it after minutes.

We walked through the aisle of black chairs. The grass was wet beneath our feet. We finally stopped at Joker's coffin.

Isaiah sat on one of the chairs. Not even bothering to pay his respects at the coffin. He wasn't being rude.

He's sad. I can understand that. "I love you." I whispered.

"Mommy."

"Yes?" I asked and kneeled before Melanie in interest.

"Why won't the voices ever stop?" Melanie asked with her eyebrow raised.

"What voices?"

"The voices in my head." I bet my lip so hard that I drew blood. What should I say to this? I had a terrified expression as I stood up.

Not wanting to answer her question.  I know I shouldn't do this but...I pulled on the latches of the coffin.

I pulled them up and unlocked both of them. I pushed the coffin open. There was no body....what the heck?

I digged inside the coffin and pulled out a paper. I wanted to say that I love you. I read. That was suppose to be his last words before he died.

"Come on, Melanie, Isaiah. Let's go home." I frowned.

Sneak Peak at the next story!