Don't Cry

Harley's POV

Tears fell from my eyes and onto my cheeks as I sat on a bus stop bench.

"Don't cry, darling."  Joker said cautiously not to startle me.

"What do you want?" I scanned my surroundings.

"I just want to talk, Harls. Mind if I take a seat next to you?" Joker asked tentatively.

"Yeah. I mind." I swear I sounded like a spoiled brat at this moment. He took a seat next to me anyways.

"What's wrong?"

"You hit me." I smirked.

"That wasn't the first time, Harls." He whispered.

"I know that. The first time was when I kissed you and then you slapped me. I never understood why you did it." I teased.

"I can't explain it to you, Harls."

"I know. This time when you hit me, it felt different. Maybe because I'm not Harleen anymore. I'm not who I use to be. I didn't understand why you hit me back then besides the point that you're crazy. I understand now." I laughed and held my cheek.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

I heard a scream nearby us.

"Wha-"

I was interrupted when Joker clamped his hand over my mouth. "Shush. Can you just stay quite?"

"Aren't you a real Prince Charming." I said, annoyed.

"A Clown Prince actually." His voice faded to a more quite tone.

"Aren't you gonna check out where that scream came from?"

"No. I'm not the white guy in a horror movie." I could tell he was smiling but it was hard to see from the darkness. I remembered that exact same smile he always had in his mugshot pictures. It was either that or he had a very revengeful look on his face. He never had a guilty expression.

"I still take you as a gentleman, Puddin. Sometimes." I beamed.

"Even when I hit you?" He laughed.

"I said: Sometimes." I chuckled and stared at him. I never had realized how handsome he was. I never thought about it when I was in the Asylum. But that's ok.

I only saw us as doctor and patient. I playfully punched him.

"Ouch." He felt his arm like he was hurt.

"Aw. Did I punch you a wittle too hard?"

"You didn't punch me hard enough."

"Jack..is that really your real name?" I laughed.

"People believe that it is but only I will ever know, Harls." Joker started to caress my cheek where he hit it.

I whimpered and started to cry again. "Shh..it's ok." He hugged me.

Song: "Don't Cry" by Guns N' Roses