The Ghost of You

Author's POV

"No. No. No." Words kept spilling out of Harley's lips as she declined.

Joker fake gasped. "What was that?" He asked Harley like he couldn't hear.

"I said no. What do you really want?" She ventured to ask.

"I want you to get in the car. What do you mean what do I want? I want my girlfriend." He said, confused.

"I'm not getting in the car with you!" Her voice raised at the end.

He parked his car, locked it, and walked up to her. He grabbed her arm and carried her over his shoulder.

"Let me go." Harley kicked and punched. She gulped and wondered what he was gonna do.

He finally put her down. "Harley..." He snarled and then slapped her. "Do not do that." He had a problem with Harley wanting to be the 'boss'.

"Get away from me." Harley sighed.

"Fine." He glanced at her, got in his car, and started to drive off.

She turned the corner and noticed the streetlights were turning off. It was getting darker and darker. "What do we got here?" A man gritted his teeth.

"Someone you can't have." She said.

The man grabbed her arm.

"Let go." Harley stared at the man and punched him in the mouth.

"We got a feisty one." The man grabbed both of her hands and slammed her up against a fence.

"Let go of me." Harley's mouth gaped open when the man started to choke her. Harley gasped for air.

"Well hello." Joker looked at the man and then looked at Harley. Harley's cries filled the air.

"Back off. This one's mine."

Harley sniffled.

"Do you know who that even is? That's Harley Quinn you're choking there." Joker added.

"Oh so she's a special one." The man snarled.

"Oh Harley is more than that. If she was on sale, she wouldn't be worth anything. She would cost nothin." Harley's lip quivered at Joker's remark. Did he really mean that? She was worth nothing?

She smiled at what he said next. "She would cost nothin because no one can buy her. No one can afford her."

The man clamped a hand over Harley's mouth. "Stop crying." He commanded.

"Aye. Easy on the grip. Have you ever heard of the Joker?" Joker spitted his words out like venom.

"Yes. This is his girl, right?" The man snarled.

"I think he would.." Joker stepped into the light so the man could see him. "I think he would be very unhappy if he found out that you were hurting her." He walked up to the man closer and closer.

He dropped Harley. Harley coughed and gasped for air on the ground. "I didn't know." He had a scared tone in his voice.

"That's not the point. You should probably just stop putting your mouths on women you don't know. I think it's rude because Harley didn't want you but you kept forcing yourself onto her. And she's dating a crazy dude so that's two warnings, you pig." Joker glared at the man.

He tried to run away.

"Aw. Where are you going? I was having fun." Joker laughed and started stabbing him to death. He would've done more but looked at Harley.

She felt her shoulder and blood appeared on her fingers.

"That son of a bitch." Joker snarled. "Let me see." He looked at her wound. "It's not deep. You'll be fine. How many times do I have to save you?" His eyes slipped to hers.

"You're the one who took my gun. Plus I think I would've been fine. I have fists." She snarled.

"That guy stabbed you. Just let me help you for once. Hm...let's go home? I'll fix you up there." Harley yelped as Joker tightened a piece of fabric around her shoulder that he ripped off from his shirt. "Shh, Harls. It's Ok." She cried in his chest.

"I hate feeling like this."

"I know, I know."