Trouble

Author's POV

Jonathan started wrapping Harper's leg. "What kind of trouble did you get into?" He asked with a soft voice.

"I can't just tell you."  Harper sat up from her seat and slammed the bathroom door and glared.

He tried to get her to come out but nothing worked. "Harper. I don't know if you're hungry but we ordered Chinese food in case you want some." Jonathan raised up the bags in his hands.

Harper unlocked the door. "Thanks." Harper took a bag.

They sat at the table. "I usually steal drugs." Haper started to cry and Sarah hugged her. "I was the troublemaker I guess. Where I lived people called me that. I did lots of bad things. I usually steal drugs for my dad. He forces me to do things but then he forgets and scolds me." Harper mumbled.

"What's your cousin's name?"

"Harrison." She replied.

"Who shot you?" Sarah sighed.

"I recently got in trouble from sending threat letters to Harley Quinn. And they didn't like that."

"Joker's partner?"

"Yeah. Joker, Johnny, and his henchmen came to my house and they confronted me about it. They shot my dad and I don't know if he's ok. They tied me up in a van and then hours later, Harley hit me with her bat against my stomach. Joker shot me in the leg and then pushed me out of the van. Now I'm here." Harper turned and looked at Sarah.

"I just really need help."

"You'll get help. You won't be stealing any time soon. We can go and check on your dad. To see if he's ok."

Harper froze and looked at her hand.

"Harper?" Jonathan asked after a long moment.

"I'm sorry it's just..." Harper showed them her hand. It had a jester on it and 'HAHAHA' written on it.

Jonathan looked at her and back at her hand.

Her phone started to ring. It was an unknown number but she answered anyways in case it was Harrison. "Hello?"

Sarah looked at her closely as she answered.

"HAHAHAHA!"

Harper glanced at Sarah and quickly hung up.

"Who was it?" Sarah looked at her.

"I think it was Joker."

"What did he say?"

Harper looked at her more closely. "Nothing. He just laughed."

"Are you alright?" Sarah asked, concerned.

Harper looked at her for a long moment before nodding. "I just wish it was my cousin. I wanna know if he's alright." Harper ran her fingers across her hand.