House of Memories

Harley's POV

I stared at my reflection. My hair was blond but without the colors blue and pink at each end and in curls. I had normal makeup on.

Something I wasn't normally use to. I didn't have tattoos neither. I opened the bathroom door and closed it behind me. I heard crying in the next room.

But the cries weren't from an adult. It was from a baby. Probably Melanie. Joker aka Jared. Now I knew that was his name from the name tag he had on his suit, was walking to the next room but I stopped him.

"Jared." I called out. Testing the name to see if I was right.

"Yeah?"Jared asked. I was right.

"It's OK. I got her." I grabbed a bag we used for her. It had her favorite stuffed animals including Crybaby. Some toys. And extra diapers if we were all out.

I dropped the bag in a nearby chair and opened it. "You must be confused."

"Why do you say that?"

"Never mind."

"Tell me." I urged.

"Melanie is downstairs. I still haven't fed her the baby food in the fridge but Liam is the one who's crying in the nursery." We have another kid?

"OK. Well I got him." I said and left the room. I walked up to the nursery and stopped when I read what said on it. The Twins.

We have twins?! I opened the door and found Liam crying in his crib. I picked him up in my arms. "Hi, baby Liam. You hungry?" I asked and left the nursery.

I went downstairs and saw Jared feeding Melanie her baby food. I hugged and kissed him and just smiled at the scene. He fed her one more spoon of baby food.

"I gotta go. It's my first day of work and I don't want to be late." He was all sweetness and smiles. I haven't seen him so happy since Melanie's birth.

And I wonder why Joker is always so sad. What happened? I wish to know. I can't now. He's gone. We had a final kiss before someone spoke.

It wasn't me or him. It was Melanie "Daddy." Melanie clapped her little hands at her first words. Her first words. I smiled and looked at Jared.

This is great. But it's not what I want. And that was it of this poisonous fictional dream.

Song: "House of Memories" by Panic at the Disco