Restaurant

Author's POV

"Wow. This is nice." Harley was speechless from the beautiful restaurant.

"Hello. I'm going to be serving you today. What would you guys like for a beverage?" The waiter stood, waiting for their answers.

"I think I'll just have lemonade." Joker stared at her.

She tried not to laugh at his reply. Joker was such a kid sometimes.

"But of course I'll have it with alcohol."

"And you, ma'am?"

"I'll have some wine."

"Ok. Your drinks will be here in about three minutes." The waiter walked away.

"Lemonade? Are you ten?" She was surprised for a moment.

"I like lemonade and yeah I would have alcohol with it but I'm not drinking too much."

"Why not?" She asked slowly.

"Because I'm driving. I want you to have fun." Joker bit his lip.

"Oh. Well I guess I'm the one drinking tonight." Harley relaxed in her seat. A moment after thinking about herself, she bursted into tears.

"Why are you crying?" He turned to her.

"Why are you nice to me?" She grabbed his shoulder.

"Because I like you. A lot." He sat still.

"You weren't nice before when I was your therapist." She turned to him.

"I was sick of everyone trying to help me. There's nothing to help. I'm not just gonna have some sessions with you and then 'Poof' I'm cured. I will always be like this. Crazy. I would never get out of that asylum. Another reason why I broke out. But this is what I want. I don't want someone to help me. I want someone who's just as crazy as I am and actually be with me. That person is you." He blinked.

"I'm back with your drinks." The waiter sat both drinks on the table. "Is everything ok here?" The waiter added.

"Yes." She looked away.

"Oh ok. Well. I can take your orders for what you want to eat." The waiter referred to the menus.

"Fried pickles sounds good." Joker held Harley's hand.

She made a disgusted face.

"What. You don't like pickles?"

"No, I just never had them fried." Harley made kissy faces from across the table, making Joker laugh.

"Maybe you should try it. I'll share with you."

"And what do you want?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs."

"Ok. That'll be ready in thirty minutes." The waiter mumbled quietly.