Trance

Harley's POV

I was in Joker's car and he was driving me to his house.

Yes, Joker's car was destroyed in the car accident but he had enough money to get a new one.

"Harley." He parked the car. "Harley." He smiled at me.

I snapped out of my trance. "Uh..Yep?" I noticed that we were at his house and I opened my door.

The cold breeze shot at me, sending shivers down my spine. I wasn't use to the sudden cold since I was warm in the car.

"I was gonna tell you that we're here but never mind. I guess you snapped out of your trance." He unlocked the front door. "What's goin on in that pretty head of yours?" He closed the door shut and locked it when we were inside. He smiled.

"I'm just stressed. That's all." I answered.

"Why? Wait. Never mind." The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I walked up to the door and looked through the peep hole. It was Rick. What is he doing here?

"Who is it?" Joker walked up to me.

"It's Rick." I unlocked the door. "Hiya, Ricky."

"Hey, Harley." He looked at Joker. "Joker." Rick's phone made a beep. "I know. I know."

"What's going on?" I peered past him.

"I need to talk to you. I just got off the phone with Amanda."

"Amanda? Oh god. Did she find anything ou-"

"No. She didn't. We had a conversation about the magician." He sighed.

"What about him? He's dead."

"Nope. Not exactly." I could tell Rick was frustrated with the situation.

"What do you mean?"

"He's in the hospital."

"You'd think with all the awful stuff he's done, they would just let him die."

"There's no criminal record of him doing all those things but if it was one of us, people wouldn't care if we were hurt and would just let us die." Rick sat on the couch and Joker an I sat next to each other.

"What does this have to do with me?"

Song: "No. 1 Party Anthem" by Arctic Monkeys