Ain't It Fun

Harley's POV

I was just standing outside and didn't know what to do. I tried to relax but I couldn't.

"Harleen Quinzel?" A doctor asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I can see you're worried." The doctor asked with a concerned tone.

"Yep." More doctors passed by.

"Floyd has requested you." She saw the despair in my eyes.

"Does that mean that Floyd is ok?" I asked.

"Not exactly. Floyd isn't dying but he's not doing well at all. He keeps asking for you." The doctor lead me to his room and left.

I took a seat next to his hospital bed.

"Harley." He fought to speak.

"Don't. It's ok." My hand rested on my cheek.

"No. I need you to do something for me. You're never the one to be trusted but I trust you. You've helped me before. I know you're not exactly sane but you're still a good friend.

Rick stood in the hall.

"Come in." Floyd said hoarsely.

Rick entered the room and sat in a chair nearby.

"What do you need?" I gulped down a sob.

"Visit Zoe." Deadshot said worriedly.

"Your kid? I can't do it." I said.

"Yeah you can. You're not always with us. You're with Joker too. Amanda is not gonna find out and she will never." He said.

"What do you mean? What do you want me to tell her?" I shifted in my seat.

"Tell her what happened and say that I'll be fine."

I noticed that not only was Floyd stabbed, he had bruises all over his face from someone punching him.

"You want me to lie?" I took a deep breath.

"I'm not gonna tell my kid that I'm dying and neither are you." He said urgently.

"What else do you want me to tell her?" I stood up and sat on his bed.

"Tell my wife that I'm never gonna see them again." I said.

"So you are dying." I said.

"That's not the reason. It's for their safety. One time I was with her and Zoe at the park. We were attacked by assassins. They fled and the assassins were left to fight me."

"I don't know if I could it. I know I can but I mean. That's a very hard thing to tell your family." I was more worried about telling them.

"I'll go with her." Rick rubbed his forehead.