Dollhouse

Harley's POV

I was about to swing my bat down but then someone grabbed me.

"Woah. It's just me." Joker let go of me.

I threw my bat to the side.

"Did you catch him?" I played with the bracelet on my wrist.

"Batsy did. He always ruins everything. What did you do when I was gone?"

"I watched the security camera footage." Something caught my eye behind him.

He noticed that I was looking behind him and turned around. There was a little boy that had blonde hair that was so blonde, it was almost white.

He looked like he was eight. "Hey buddy."  I kneeled in front of him. I smiled while talking to him. "Are you lost?" I asked him.

"No."

"Where is your mommy and daddy?" I stared at him.

"I left him."

"He can use the house phone to contact his dad." I guided that boy in Joker's house.

"I don't want to go back to that place. Woah. This house is huge." The boy stared at the house in awe.

"What do you mean you don't want to go back to that place?" I smirked.

"My daddy does things. Bad things to me. He usually comes home with another lady who's not my mommy. She has a drinking problem. One time my mommy and I were watching TV in the living room. He came home with a lady. She yelled at him cause he always does this. He took a sharp glass and knocked her over the head. Then he knocked me out. I woke up and mommy was gone." The boy said.

"Ohhh...Mr.J can I speak with you?"

"Sure." Joker spoke quietly. I pulled him to the kitchen while the boy sat on a couch in the living room. 

"We can't just make him go back. If he's really telling the truth, his dad is an ass." The boy coughed nearby.

"Are you ok?" Joker asked while gripping my arm.

"Yeah." The boy looked at Joker.

"Like I was saying, I think he should stay with us for now." I was waiting for an answer from Joker but he was silent.

"Harley. Are you out of your mind? Are you crazy? Are you insane?" His eye twitched from frustration.

"Yea." I stared into his eyes.

"We don't even know the kid. What if he's lying about his dad?" He shifted and placed his hand on the counter.

"What kid lies about their dad killing their mom?" I looked him dead in the eye.

"Fine.You keep him." He was trying to reach something.

I stopped him. "Don't even think about it. I can't keep him. I'm in a Suicide Squad." A few minutes passed.

"I can't neither. I'm handling business." His blue eyes bore into mine.

"Business you can control. I can't. I'm forced. You're not." Silence overcame us again.

"Fine! But when I'm out and you're not here, he goes to Tyler." Tension grew.

"Yay! Oh thank you, Mr.J! Tyler can be like an uncle and we can b–" Joker cut me off.

"Do not get ahead of yourself! This is not our child!" Joker bellowed.

Song: "Dollhouse" by Melanie Martinez

STAY AWESOME