Mystery Room

Author's POV

"One more thing." Joker said.

"I haven't been to this room before." Harley looked at him.

"I made it with a little help." He smiled back at her and opened the door. The room was painted with a baby pink and blue. A crib was placed in the middle of the room. There was all kinds of baby toys laying around on the shelves. It was a nursery.

"I'm not sure if it's a girl or a boy but we can always change the colors."

"I... Wow..thank you." Harley said.

"Sorry." He said.

"For what?"

"For yelling at you earlier. I was just frustrated." He faced her.

"It's ok."

He stared at her stomach. She grabbed his hand and then slowly placed it onto her stomach. His eyes grew wider. "Your stomach just kicked my hand."

"That's the baby. And that's actually the first time I've ever seen him..or her do that." Harley told him.

"Isn't that strange?"

"What?" Harley asked.

"To have a human grow inside of you." He looked at her

"Kinda I guess. But the feeling just came naturally to me. Maybe cause I've been wanting one."

He walked into the room and grabbed something from the crib. It was a doll with half green and blonde hair, buttons for eyes, with a cute baby blue dress. The dress had red printed letters that said 'crybaby' on it. "This is for her. If it's a girl." He said excitedly.

"You're excited for this?" Harley asked.

"Yeah." He said while looking at her.

"I never thought you would be. You never wanted a child before. And every time I would talk to you about it, you would yell at me." Harley said.

"I was mad but then I thought about it. And it really is interesting. I don't want to be a horrible father. I don't want to be like my dad. I remember one time he nearly broke my arm." He said.

"Why?"

"Just the usual drunk he is. No reason." He said.

"Well I'm glad that you're trying." Harley said looking at him.

Song: "Do I Wanna Know" by Arctic Monkeys