Colors

Author's POV

Johnny knocked on the door.

"This place looks like a crack house." Joker said.

"If she's starting out to be someone like you, everyone starts somewhere."

A boy watched the guys from his window. "Are you looking for my cousin?" He sighed.

Johnny looked at the boy. "We might. What's her name?" Johnny smiled.

"Harper." The boy said, sadly.

"I'm afraid that-"

The boy cut Johnny off. "It's ok. Everyone looks for her." The boy sighed again.

"What do you mean?"

He wanted to tell them but was afraid. People always told him to keep his mouth shut when telling people personal things. He gave in. "Harper gets in a lot of trouble." They heard shouting. "I have to go." The boy closed the window.

Harper opened the door. "Hi?" She greeted, worriedly.

"Are you Harper?" One of the henchmen's asked.

Harper realized who they were. "If you hurt me, my dad will kill your asses." Harper warned.

"We're not scared of your daddy, sweetheart." Johnny whispered.

"Why are you here?" Harper opened the door wider for them to walk in.

"You know who this is, right?" He referred to Joker.

She stopped in her tracks. "Yes. You're the Joker. I see you on the news all the time." Harper watched their every move.

"That's not the only possibility of how you know him."

She started to back out of the room.

"You're not going anywhere. Do you know his girlfriend?" Johnny breathed.

"No."

Johnny didn't seem convinced. "You're lying. What do you mean by 'watch your back?" He said, annoyed and held up the letters.

"Harper, what's with all the noise?" Her dad entered the room.