Her Thoughts

Author's POV

'I know what he's gonna do' Harley's mind swarmed with thoughts as she watched Joker process the information he had just heard.

He didn't cry. Harley didn't expect him to of course. She was the only one who had seen him cry before. He had one of his tantrums and was so mad, that he cried.

He was freaked out from this. He had never really just sat down and cried. But Joker did. He questioned the tears that fell. He shot up from his seat.

He screamed and started to kick objects in the delivery room out of rage. He fell to his knees. She crawled out of the hospital bed. "Quinzel." The doctor stood there calmly.

"It's OK. I got this." Harley was calm. But her eyes told a whole different story. Her child just died. How could she be? She sat down next to Joker and slowly reached her hand onto his shoulder.

He flinched at her touch. Harley began to hug him. No matter how many times he pushed her off or hit her by accident, she continued to hug him.

"It's fine." She lied. "No. It's not fuckin fine. It never will be." She thought out loud.

"You're right." He sat up and stormed out of the delivery room.

"Mr J! Where are you going?" She asked concerned. When Harley tried to exit the room to chase after him, a nurse stopped her.

"Quinzel. I think you should stay here." 

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I have to find him. You just stopped me so....that means..That you are not aware what Joker can do. Especially when he's torn like this." Harley added and stormed out of the room as well.

'Where is he? Where could be be?' Harley thought as she walked into rooms. She apologized to the family's in the rooms she had interrupted wherever it was a birth happening or on going surgery.

Joker would've gone into a room and killed someone at this point. She continued to search for him. Harley saw a flash of green hair as she walked by.

She backtracked to where she saw him. He was in the nursery, looking at the newborn babies.