A Gift

Harley stared at the necklace that the Joker gave her that was now set on the table. Harley picked the object up and twirled it in her hands. It really was a beautiful necklace. "Thank you." She closed her eyes.

"You're welcome." He said.

"Can you drive me home?" Harley opened one eye.

"Yes." He peered over at her.

At home

"You know you can't hide forever." She smiled.

"I know." Cloudes blanketed across the sky as they spoke.

"I'm not the right person to turn you in. That's Batmans job." Thunder rumbled throughout Gotham.

"I'll see you in Arkham soon." It started to rain.

Harley stuffed the necklace inside her purse. "I have to go." He and Harley had been trying to avoid each other all morning.

"I have to do more research about you. The hospital wants me to do it but there's really not much about you." There was silence no one could explain.

And with that she left him..

Harley scrambled through all the files of 'Jack Naiper' she had done this before. Nothing was changing.

At work

She wore her usual attire. Harleys hair was up in a ponytail. She had on a black and red choker. She had blush, clear lip gloss on, and mascara. She sat at her desk waiting for here boss to tell her that Joker was missing. Harley scribbled and drew Joker, putting a red and black heart next to it.

"Harleen Quinzel." That was her cue.

"Yeah?"

"The Joker has escaped."

"Really? Was it on the news?" Harley laughed.

"Yea. Why are you laughing?" His eyes twinkled.

"Do you actually think he's gonna get away with it? He may be a genius but easy to catch. We'll be seing him in Arkham in 2 weeks." She raised her chin.