Drowning

Author's POV

"How is he?" Harley closed the door of the club. She had stayed over Joker's house at night after the shooting at the club. She was ready to return to the team.

"Not that good but Tyler is a good medic. Ready to go?" Joker stood.

"Yeah." Harley grabbed the dress she was wearing the other night as she was already in her usual costume.

She opened the door for herself and got in, following with him. There wasn't really any talking at all. Just silence.

"You shouldn't have came here." He fixed his eyes on Harley as she had been day dreaming.

"You said that you were gonna drop that last night, Puddin'."

"Yeah. But-" He stared at Harley.

"But nothing. I can defend myself." Harley held his stare.

"The only thing you could've gotten to surviving, was a headshot! That guy was onto you." Joker smirked.

"You treat me like a child!"

"I do not!" His eyes were off the road.

"Mr. J!"

"What?!"

There was a crash and the car went in the water. He and she were both passed out in their seats. If they were there any longer, they would be electrocuted.

Batman dived into the water. He was wearing a breathing mask that had his symbol on it. He tried unlocking the door but he guessed that it was locked. He banged on the window with all his strength. He got a pocket knife from his belt and used the handle part to bash the window open. It was hard to do since the windows didn't break easily.

He then opened the car by sticking his hand inside the broken window. He carefully pulled her out of the car and swam do the dock.

Batman laid Harley on the dock. He looked back at the car and saw no sign of Joker but a glistening light glowing nearby. He held the necklace and it opened. There was one picture but had four different ones in it. The first picture, was Joker and Harley smiling as her arm was wrapped around his neck. The second picture, were them making funny faces as they both had crossed eyes.

The third picture, Harley made another funny face as she stretched out her mouth with her fingers and stuck out her tongue but didn't even notice that she elbowed him in the chin, making him fall back. From the form his hands were, he was frustrated. The last picture, Harley looked like she fell back as her legs were up in the air and her hands tried to reach the camera or whatever the pictures were taken with. The Joker was also not facing the camera and looked like he was gonna punch her.

Batman closed the necklace. The necklace didn't come from Harley since she didn't have any pockets. Joker must've had it. There was nobody else in the car. He was either dead or escaped. Batman jumped out of the water and carried her to the Batmobile.