Seven Nation Army

Harley's POV

I was just staring in space. Thinking about what just happed. Mr. J was dead. Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I was startled.

I held up my gun to the person. "It's just me." Rick held up his hands like he was being arrested. I brought down the gun.

"We can't find Amanda." Rick shrugged one shoulder. He looked back at the helicopter to Deadshot who looked like he was getting something out of it.

"Deadshot, come on let's go!" Rick said and then said something into his mic. Deadshot jogged up to us and he looked mad. He held up a folder.

"I found this in the helicopter. Wanna tell the rest of the team what you've been hiding from us?"

"You guys aren't suppose to help me with this....." Rick told us. But Deadshot never listened to what he had to say at this point.

"Well. I don't know about you guys but I'm out." Floyd drew his hand across his throat and made his way inside the bar. I followed him along with everyone else except Rick.

I poured myself a drink as everyone sat down. "Here's to honor among thieves." Deadshot raised his glass to make a cheers.

"I'm not a thief." Katana said and took her glass.

"Oh. She's not a thief." He whispered and we clinked our glasses together. "Well. We almost pulled it off. Despite what everybody thought. Worst part is that they're gonna blame us for the whole thing. And they can't have people knowing the truth. Remember. We're still the bad guys. And for about two sweet seconds. ..I had hope." I nodded to what he said.

He was right 100%. "You had hope, huh? Hope don't stop the wheel from turning my brother." Diablo said.

"Hm. You preachin?" Deadshot rested his arms against the bar counter.

"It's coming back around for you. How many people you killed, man?"

"You don't ask nobody no question like that, ese."

"You ain't ever whacked down no women, no kids."

"I don't kill women or children."

"I do." Boomer turned his head to Diablo and gave him a slight nasty look. Katana just stared at him.

"See I was born with the devil's gift. I started using it for business, you know. The more power I got, the more power on the streets I got. That shit went hand in hand, you know. One was feeding the other. And nobody tell me no. Except my ol' lady. You know she use to uh....pray for me. Even when I didn't want it. God didn't give me this. Why should he take it away? So when I get mad, I lose control. I don't know what I'd do. Till it's done." Diablo held out his hand.

It showed what happened as a fire like figure danced and then burned and died. He closed his hand.

Deadshot nodded slowly and rubbed his forehead."And the kids?" I turned to George.

"He killed them." I turned back to Diablo. "Didn't you?" I watched as he shook his head and started to cry. "Own that shit. Own it!" I said.

"What did ya think was gonna happen? Huh?" I asked.

"Hey, Harley." Deadshot warned.

"That you would just. You can have a happy family." I gave a short laugh. My tone sounded like I was gonna burst into tears in any moment.

"Coach little leagues and make car payments? Normal's a setting on the drier. People like us, we don't get normal.

"You..." Deadshot stopped. "You can't say that when you have Melanie." He whispered.

"I know that I'm a bad person. But I love Melanie." I said

"Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth? Look. On the outside, you're amazing. But on the inside, you're ugly." Boomer gave me a look that really showed how ugly I was on the inside.

"We all are. We all are!" I said. I looked at Croc. "Except for him. He's ugly on the outside too." I said in a cold tone.

"Not me, shorty." He took off the hood of his hoodie. "I'm beautiful."

"Yeah you are."

So I finally got to update! Yay! I just bought a new phone and I like this one way better than my old one. It's easier to write stories on here. Anyway. Here's this chapter. More to come.